Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Q6 and had the same issue. I had the rep come out and he adjusted the sensitivity and it work fine now. I think it comes to touchy from the factory. I had a power chair before and had no problems getting into my van. When I got the new Q6 I had a devil of a time getting it in. Once he adjusted it I have had no problems.

Doug

Thats encouraging info, Doug. My rep/tech is coming back this Friday. I hope I can report the same results as you have.

Deb

As I reported earlier, my Permobil C500 VS had to go into the shop yesterday. They gave me a Quantum Q6 Edge as a loaner. It was a fine chair for temporary use.

Unfortunately, it will not move when it is reclined far enough for me to be able to load into my full-size van, which has a lift rather than a ramp. Since I don't have tall doors on the van, I must recline substantially to get in and out. Therefore, I could not get the wheelchair into the van.

So, I turned in the loaner after having it for about half an hour and am now without a PWC.

It was not well fitted to me and was pretty uncomfortable. I would have gladly used it as a temporary loaner, but would not have wanted it as my primary wheelchair.

I prefer my front wheel drive C500 over the mid wheel drive Q6 Edge, but I knew that before I ever got my C500, because I had tested both before purchasing my PWC.

Steve

I have been in a Q6 Edge for 3 years now and it has been trouble free and dependable. My only complaint is the off road performance. The Q6 seems to carry a lot of weight on the caster wheels leaving the main driver wheels spinning. I bought a TDX-SP used on Craig's list that I use outdoors. The SP is balanced well and will go most anywhere. It did handle differently but was no problem going from 1 chair to the other

I just took the chair out for a spin after the UoM tech made more adjustment last Friday. I have to say, I'm impressed with how much better it handles. I thin he is one of the best in the business and if anyone can make this chair work for me, he can. The ultimate test will come next weekend, when we try to conquer the van ramp again. I'll keep you posted!

I am so glad the adjustments helped. But instead of taking it "out" for a test drive, take it indoors. Test it getting through doorways off hallways, into and out of small rooms, up to tables and along side chairs as if to transfer. As I found out, parking lot and large room test drives are not real world tests! The van ramp will be a good test as will getting it positioned in the van and tied down. Even if all that checks out well, I would not sign for acceptance of the chair until you try it out in your home.

I hope that it all works for you. There is nothing like the freedom a power chair can give!

Good points, Diane, thanks for your input. I can manage the chair inside, and I even back it up into its designated parking space (inside) much easier than I had done before the adjustments. I can turn it around in our building elevator, maneuver all the doorways of our condo and our complex. I got good advice about managing with a mid-wheel drive chair - take a clue from a UPS driver - never have to back up. Always position yourself to go forward. Well, not literally, but this chair has such a tight turning radius, that backing up shouldn't be necessary in most cases. If I can get up/down the van ramp, I will be able to handle anything else the public has to offer as well or better then my scooter can. Scooter is the back up plan for inside.

Looking forward to freedom!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back