Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
CA
City
Roseville
Last night I had the opportunity to speak at a local high school. They have an annual concert titled Music for Hope that raises money for ALS and the American Cancer Society. It started after one of the band parents was diagnosed with ALS.

It felt good to advocate and to thank everyone for their donations. Also, to share the good things and caring hearts of my local ALS Association. With a little more practice, I might be good at the whole public speaking thing. I can handle 100 rowdy teenagers no problem, but tend to lose my mind in a quiet room of adults.

I am sharing this because I believe, now, that being a CALS will not end when my husband passes away. I will always be a caregiver. My role will change in that I will make it my mission to advocate for the research and continued support of all people affected by ALS. But also as a CALS, I will work to help and support other CALS.

Ok, so maybe a little rambling. But, I think that last night may have been the start of something good. And I hate to give credit to ALS for that. But if something good can come of our pain and suffering, than my husband's death will not be in vain.

Thank you all. For every positive note and cyber hug, for the support and the love. I can't imagine going through this alone.
Love and light
Meg

Way to go Meg! I think we (CALS) all have to find SOMETHING positive that cmes out of this experience. I am so glad you are finding while you are still going through it.

Meg, thank you so much for sharing and advocating for all of us! I think it's wonderful that you're willing to continue your support after your loved one is gone. Thanks again for spreading your love and light!

Wow! What an awesome opportunity that only someone like you could take advantage of. Yes, it hurts to find the silver lining in something even as hideous as ALS, but there always is. Bless you for finding yours and for carrying us on into the future, so that we can find an end.

way to go Meg!

Congrats Meg, the first one is out of the way! Way to go!

Very nice, Meg. You're an inspiration!

Way to go. What a wonderful way to reach out to others to educate them about ALS.

That was awesome of you Meg, you are truley a inspiration to all. Thank you for your continued concern and Love for us all.

Last edited:
Very inspiring Meg, we have to believe that some good is in this don't we.

You should be so proud of yourself. Your husband must be too. Good for you. Keep up the good spirit! Yasmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back