11/2007
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Kootenay
Hi All!
just got back from boating in the Bahama's! had a great time. Al, you are right I did not get eaten by a shark and got my open water diving certificate. it was lots of fun.
while I was gone my aunt came to help with mom who had been planing to go to Yuma for a couple of weeks. The week before she decided she had gotten to bad to go. so one thing lead to another and my mom and aunt had a falling out, my dad (terrible burnt out ) still wanted to go. so my brother and dad but her in a respite bed for 4 weeks. (a care home). now I am back dad is still gone and mom wants to come home. she has to leave on the 18th. my brother thinks she should stay because she can have 24/7 care. she can help stand up walk maybe 8-10 steps and arms are done. voice is about 50% and improves if she wears her Bi-pap ( that freaks her out still).
She can afford some home help and the gov't will supply 4 hour no charge. but what do you do. i want her to be home with her stuff in her home. dads totally burnt out. with 4 children under 7 and a job I cant give a lot of time each day.
any feed back for me to ponder from the veterans? much appreciated,
regards L

Hi northern girl. This is a tough decision- one of the toughest your family will be faced with. It is so hard to meet everyone's needs...How long do you have before you need to make a decision? WIll you have time for Dad to come home and the rest of the family to give input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back