Status
Not open for further replies.
The bipap criteria for your particular insurance are probably available online somwhere. It might be worth digging for it. Your providers even with the best will in the world can’t keep up with the changing rules of the many insurances

Last edited:
that test may do the trick. I needed of overnight oximetry to show I was dropping in the eighties over five minutes. This met medication Medicare guidelines even though my fvc was eighty at the time and I had no idea I was having trouble breathing,,
I hated starting bipap but strongly believe early breathing intervention will maximize longevity and QOL!

Like Vincent my oximeter numbers hover in the low to mid 90's. While my FVC remains around 100% or more (SVC even higher) a sleep study looking for sleep apnea found my oxygen level below 88 for over 20 minutes (but only mild apnea). That led (once the ALS pulmonologist had seen it) to the Rx for a Trilogy which I've used ever since at night/during naps and seems to keep O2 at or above 92 at night. As a vet I didn't have to go through insurance, thankfully, so I'm not sure what the outcome would have been if I had had to. While I wasn't struggling for breath before the trilogy, post-trilogy I do awaken more rested and alert.

Kristina

Had similar readings when my wife was hospitalized several weeks ago. Never got above 95 and sometimes dropped in the eighties. Nurse was not alarmed. She advised that sometimes the finger attachments did not do a good job. She switched fingers once or twice with immediate results (98) but then it would drop again. Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back