Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Waterloo
well, we had the Pulmonary Function Test done yesterday. It indicated mild restriction, is at 70%. The doctor said he would talk to us at our next appointment about the test. Is 70% a good result? Eddie is no longer working due to the weakness in his hands and arms and the breathing difficulty.

Hi Shelly-70% is not too bad- I am right about there - maybe closer to 80%. Everything I have read says this is a good time to start on a bi-pap. Most insurance companies want to wait until the function drops, though.

Some things to look for are tingling of hands, naseua, and headache. This could be an indicator that his carbon rates are rising. If he has a Bi-Pap, taking a rest while wearing it should help correct the sensations.

I find that the worst thing with this level of breathing is the tiredness. Tell hubby I sympathize. Hope this helps. Cindy

The tiredness, is really bad, headaches are daily and seem to be getting worse, My hubby is one of those people who can't sit still for long, always has to be out doing something. Lately it is just walking in the woods, but that is even becoming really hard for him to do, because he has the breathing difficulties. Our doctor said he would talk to us about the breathing issue at our next appointment. Have a wonderful evening everyone, May God Bless all of Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back