Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
GA
City
Gwinnett
Today is my husband's third day in ICU. Learning as much as I did about ALS, somehow I missed the fact that being bedridden and/or staying in the power chair/lift chair made him at risk for developing life threatening blood clots.

The paramedics/fire department in our county were wonderful along with the 911 operator that took my call Sunday morning and stayed with me until they were at our door.

He was gray and had almost passed out with his oxygen level at 78 when he was transported to our local hospital. He has been on a Heparin drip and has now started Coumadin.

Please say a prayer for us that he will continue to improve from this latest health crisis.

Georgia that's terrible. You are in my prayers.
Aly

My prayers go out to you.

Praying for both of you. How scary.
Linda

Sorry for what you and your husband are going through... you both are in my prayers.

So sorry, thanks for letting us know. I will be praying for both of you. ((HUG))

Hope he does improve and is able to go home very soon!

Very scary for both of you--hope he's able to come home safely, soon!

Clots can be scary. Hope he's doing better.

AL.

That was how my father-in-law passed away. We didn't even know that he had one. It dislodged as he was going up the stairs. He just slumped over and that was it. You are lucky. I will certainly hold you in prayer. Knowing this is not an easy beast to live with.

Georgia,
So sorry, hope is is home soon. This may be of interest to you, or not! My Mom has antiphospholipid antibody disorder, APS. It is a disorder that causes blood clots. her blood is thick. I have it also. We have not found anyone else who has ever had both APS and ALS. Before she was diagnosed with ALS she had a pulminary embolism that I am sure started in her leg. Anyway, just wanted to share, not sure it is even worth investigating. All it means for us is that we take coumadin every day for the rest of our lives. It is a problem when Mom has to have her trache changed so we stop the coumadin for 5 days before.

Sorry to hear and praying for you both.

You all will be in my prayers!

hope he comes home soon! On my prayer list!

We are all pulling for you! XO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back