public awareness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done!

Very impressive - eloquent and heart wrenching. Thank you.

Absolutely loved it! That 1 minute 20 seconds will 'grab' people. Well done!

Great job...I shared this on my ALS Facebook page

each and every one of us needs to work hard to raise awareness. Few in general public know anything about ALS, unless they knew someone personally. Good job Hollister, continue the fight .

Very well done, it was very compelling. A great job getting the word out.

Way to be out there, front and center. You don't have to be some famous person to make an impact, just somebody willing to speak up.

That is very cool. I have been looking for ways to promote awareness of the ugly disease in our area but, most of the radio stations I have contacted have shown no interest even though the most widely listened to station just had one of its former employers die from ALS.

My husband and I were also featured on the front page of the Post and Courier in Charleston, SC. He was a professional Santa at one of our local malls. They also did a TV segment for one of our local TV stations. I am so glad that you were able to spread the word about ALS. I hope that more people are aware of this terrible heartbreaking disease. For all my PALS and CALS, continue to educate people about ALS in any way you can.

Mahalo Holly for sharing your story. I am going on 4yrs w/this funky crazy disease! I take each one at a time. Happy New Years to you yours. Aloha, yo

This is great! Thank you for being so brave as to share your story.
Before my mother was diagnosed, I had NO idea what ALS really was. I am now on a mission to raise awareness also. I have raised money by throwing a charity birthday bash and educating my friends about the disease. And, I am looking into new ways to raise awareness.
Any recommendations for raising awareness among my community would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you again! You are an inspiration.

Hi Hollister,

I just got a look at the video. It echos my sentiments exactly. You are to be praised for taking this proactive approach. I also gives me encouragement to push harder in ND for raising awareness of the problems associated with solving the ALS disorder.

Rick

We had a restaurant fundraiser last night with the top chefs in town. About 60 people attended and we were raising funds for the ALS clinic at the University of Virginia. I think we did a great job. Everyone enjoyed the food and I consider these amazing chefs to be my friends. I'm posting a picture of me in the chefs and the guy left of the picture is the author of the newspaper article. With that several other events planned we hope to continue to raise awareness and funds. I'm exhausted today but boy was it worth it!
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net'/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/999935_3871292037734_1362747511_n.jpg]
Hope the picture comes out can cut-and-paste and it won't let me take it off my computer.

Congrats Holister - what a feat and feast!

Can't open the link " blank" - but it could be my ipad. Can you add it to your album?

I just watched the video link. It was really great; you are so brave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back