PUB is open....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a drink. I'm beat, and I need a drink.

For those of you who read my post on hubby faceplanting in a ditch in his PWC, he did it again. No, not in the ditch. I asked him to stay in the middle of the road, and he did. Going down a hill his joystick developed a mind of it's own and the chair shot into a 360 degree turn. He went over sideways this time. The phone rang and I saw that it was from his cell, but no signal, so I couldn't hear him. His dad and I shot out the door and up the street and found him bleeding, again under his chair, in the middle of the road. He was adamant that we not call the EMTs to get him up, so we brought the Hoyer and the other chair to him. Of course I hadn't charged the Hoyer, so it has just enough juice to get him about three inches short of high enough to get into the chair. We muscled him into it. Long story short, the chair did the same thing to me going home, but didn't do it when I got it back to our supplier. They did say, however, that it sounds like the motor is going out. Still under warranty...but this is now on top of a new actuator. ARGH.

Hubby is patched up and spent the rest of the day in bed. There's a lot more to the story (as you can all imagine), but I'm too tired to share.

Kaluha and milk. It worked....

wow that's happen, makes me think about my chair.

Nuts, I reckon TWO drinks may be the order of the day...

I hope he's ok. And that Heidi is looking after him.

You take care, seeing your beloved husband all arse about not once but twice now...

Thinking of you both.
God bless, Janelle x

Nuts, you probably don't want hubby going out on his own for a while, but I swear, by all that is Holy, I am NOT going out with ANYONE from this household for a VERY long time.

We ran out of butter, so, being a Sunday, I decided to scoot up to the Deli. Connor wanted to come and wanted to bring the dog, who also wanted to come.
We get down the road when I realise Connor has forgotten his bike helmet. So we go back for the helmet.
All good, get going again, Lucy,in her infinite wisdom, decides to attack a bloody big Rottweiler, even though she's attached to Henry. I ended up running over her foot. Blood everywhere.
Shoo off the rottie, keep going and Connor pulls out in front of a ute.
After that near death experience, we make it to the deli. We get the butter...oh no. Connor's chain has come off his bike. Had he fiddled whilst I was in the deli...well...maybe...
So we set off home, I'm practically snoring we are going sooooo sloooow....
THANK GOODNESS friends see us, stop and fix Connor's chain. I leave him, eating my dust, as I go full rip along the foreshore. Face it, if your scooter has the grunt, why wouldn't you?
I stop at our turn off to wait for Connor,more snoring, as he's tired...waaallllkkkiiinnnggg...
Going up the hill, Henry starts beeping. He doesn't like hills, particularly if his battery is low.
We make it home. Safely. All alive, but a bleeding dog. And a headache. And butter worth $3, but paid $5.50 because it was a deli...
Any Kaluha left...?

J x

Crap--a lot of exciting trips with our Pals on here!

They sure sound like quite the eventful trips for our Pals for sure. Hope everyone heals quickly.
Our boys had a good time visiting my dad in Dallas. They got home yesterday. Dad hated for them to leave but school starts Wednesday and my son had to get back to his job. The kids have a four day weekend in October and we're hoping to make a quick weekend visit to see him again then.
Take care everyone, Kim

Oh Janelle, THANK YOU. I hope you don't mind that I just laughed so hard I peed my pants (yes, TMI, but I'm WAY over that by now).

Seeing hubby "all arse"--hmmm, maybe more than twice, but I won't go there... Yes, it was devastating. IT has finally flattened me. I'm beat. I'm still going through the paces, but I need something and I don't know what. Suprisingly, I have no problem letting him out on his own now that I know it was the chair (he has another and is using it). Family keeps inisiting that he not go out by himself, and I find myself explaining that he needs it. That his life is only worth living if he can lift it, and that those walks, just he and the dog, are some of the best moment he has. It must be terrible to never be alone. It is very hard on me, and I appreciate what it means to him. Wow...I think I've finally arrived. I no longer feel like a novice. Crap.

Dave, I'm trying to figure out why your chair stayed on it's side for so long. Two of us righted his. Where were the people who should have picked yours up?

Barbie, I'm wrung out, but I'm glad Matt is still making good stories. Never a dull moment...

Skipper, did you ever get us a report on the feeding system the VA gave your dad?

Yes, there is more Kahula. How I wish we could all get together to share it.

I'm sitting on the deck, looking out over the water and listening to the noises of a Southern evening. I've killes the bottle of sweet white wine that is Opened for my SIL two days ago and i don't want to go back inside. I wish I could get hubby out here with me, but he seems very content in the house with his computer and the TV. Perhaps viewing what you can't conquer has less appeal to a man who was raised to rule his kingdom than to a woman who, as Mike said in another thread, lives life through relationships.

Wishing everyone a restful evening. It's nice to see more activity on the forum tonight.

To many sad post Merlot time!

Merlot sounds great, Pete. I'm going to get out my wine sippy cup and pour it full. Maybe twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back