Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
does anyone know the difference between pseudo and progressive bulbar palsy.
i know they can both effect jaw/face/tounge.
i have more chewing problems than swallowing,and speech(more pronounciation).
my face/jaw aches from chewing,talking,laughing, usually worse by the end of the day.
having emg later in month. also i have wieght loss.
thankyou

Pseudo is what it says false, it is often seen with UMN problems, were Bulbar is the throat, swallowing, tongue issues seen in a malignent state, as bulbar als.
I would think clonus, spasicity, and brisk reflexes could cause much of what you describe and could be pseudo in nature. Have you ever had an emg? or is this your first?

That is what happens to me, my jaw muscle at first would tighten so bad it looked like a lump! Then when i would laugh for a little while my face and the back of my head would hurt and i would massage them. When i eat food like steak my mouth gets tired of chewing and it my mouth muscles get real sore. My face shape has changed especially my smile.

i suspect that some of the problems are umn related,but i do have swallowing problems and recently noticed increase in saliva that pools round the front of my mouth under my tongue, when talking i have to keep stopping to swallow but sometimes when i do i choke on my saliva. is this a pseudo or progressive issue?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back