Reason
CALS
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Portland
My husband was recently diagnosed with ALS. In late October, 2007 his speech became increasingly slurred. By February, his speech had virtually disappeared. He now communicates by writing on a white board. His entire right side is weakened, and he finds it increasingly difficult to walk. He now is confined to a wheel chair. He has found it increasingly difficult to swallow, and is now restricted to pureed foods and "nectar" thickness liquids. I/we are overwhelmed by the speed with which this disease has progressed. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? mjstj

Hello Mjstrj. Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your DH. I am glad you decided to join us, however, because we have a lot of PALS (People living with ALS and other MND's) and CALS (the caretakers) with a wealth of experience and lots of good tips. I am sure you will make many new freinds on this site. Regards, Cindy

Pray

Hi, MJSTJ
How are you? Your husband is diagnoised with the same kind of onset my husband had. My husband died last month. I miss him very much. Please, do alot of praying and spend as much time with him as you can. Do the things in life you enjoy doing TOGETHER! Be patient and love him .
May God Be With You
Belinda (Musicsmiles)

Be patient and love him .

Good advice for each of us! Thanks for posting.

Bulbar palsy is what is diagnosed. with ALS.. Seudo-bulbar palsy is a upper motor neuron symptom, and is not malignant. Bulbar palsy is not benign and is often als that starts in the bulbar region. I know it is confusing, but think of seudo as false. Hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back