01/2016
Country
AUS
State
NSW
City
Armidale
a week after diagnosis I sign up to do the walk to d'feet mnd 5.5km walk

a month ago my dear CALS suggests we get a wheelchair 'just in case'.

I resist.

two weeks ago I agree 'if it will make him happy' - I don't want to make anything harder than it has to be

one week ago I start to think he may be right... so tired at an amusement park with kids!

yesterday I did it - 5.5k - proved us both wrong. Kids rode in the chair while daddy pushed. Happy.

surrounded by family, friends and colleagues, and supported by many donors to fundraising.

Great day

Well done! Where was the walk? I know it was a Sydney one.

MND NSW are an amazing organisation, I support them as much as I can as an ambassador and volunteer. How great that you were in that crowd raising money and awareness :) (probably pushing the chair helped keep you stable, but good on you for making the whole walk this year!)

It was just north of Wollongong at Bulli - spectacular day. there is a drone video on mnd website.
Actually left husband to push the kids - I powered ahead. There was no stopping me.
We are getting a chair to have in the house when needed but "not today".

Sleepy your post made me smile. Good on you mate.
Laurel

Way to go Sleepy! You should be proud. Way to walk all over ALS.

Sleepy I just watched the drone video and the news broadcast, what a great effort the walk was!

I organised the Lismore one last year - 6 months of hard work bringing it all together and then we had shocking weather the few days leading up, roads flooding all around the outlying areas and we had to call it off as it was still raining cats and dogs on the Friday afternoon. Of course the sun came out next morning, but there were still roads cut in many places between the gold coast and here and the place we would have set up was boggy. That's Australia for ya!

I do apologise, of course you said dad pushed the chair, ok getting my head on straight now ;)

That's amazing Tillie - so much organization goes into these events. cant plan for weather though! We were very lucky - spectacular day :)

It's a frightful amount of work that goes into the event.

It's made me even more awed of MND NSW and what they do, and the importance of volunteers to keep supporting them so they can do their job.

I'm so glad you were able to be involved and feel the atmosphere of so many people who are wanting to do something about MND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back