Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
MI
City
michigan
I'm an "old one" in this ALS world. I've been living with this crazy disease now for over 11 years. It all started in 2007 with my left foot while speed walking my neighborhood. It stayed in my lower limbs until about 2013ish, but now I'm just getting to the point I can not type well, feed myself very easily, etc etc. In the last year I've noticed a lisps in my speech and gradual articulation challenges so started voice banking.

The reason I'm posting today is that this site has been helpful to me so wanted to give back on my use of Protandim. Back in 2008 I started eating almost exclusively whole foods and organic, I've always been super healthy so this wasn't too much of a stretch. Of course, over 11 years I've fudged here and there, but that's been my general program. Six months ago I started taking Protandim .... why not, only $40/mo, ALS was affecting my arms/speech, give it a try .... and nothing. I've continued to progess without the slightest change. I know I'm not the only one out there who wants to try something ... anything ... so wanted to throw my six-month trial out there saying Protandim did not help one bit.

I am not at all claiming Protandim works and know the conflict of interest with the patient stating it helped him as his wife became a distributor for the company. My understanding is Steven Bishop's medical records however were reviewed by ALSuntangled and confirmed. My main reason for responding is his claim is he noticed benefit after 1 year of use. Here is his statement right off his website:

"I didn’t notice any ALS related benefit with Nrf2 activation for over a year. I continued to take it because the science is so compelling that it reduces oxidative stress, inflammation and fibrosis that I felt strongly it was going to benefit me regardless of changes in my ALS. Then I started having some better days and they came frequently enough to where I had the initiative to work out. Now that hadn’t happened in a very long time, since before ALS! The thing that blew me away was the fact that I recovered after that first workout like I think most people my age would and it encouraged me to continue on a regular basis."

Protandim Review - Does This Supplement Really Work? - [Updated June 2018]

Here is a review on Protandim. I'm already taking three of the ingredients.

Summer, I agree that eating healthy is a good thing. I feel better when I eat all organic and limit processed food. Taking care of our general health shouldn't be overlooked because we have ALS.

I did very well physically on the ketogenic diet. I had less pain and more energy. After a few months I noticed increased depression. My body just wanted more fresh fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back