Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Barbie, I wish you were right about the SSDI, but even though it does revert to the other children, once the last one us out of high school, that portion just goes away. The children are entitled to 50% of the disabled parents allotted disability amount. The disabled parent portion stays the same. If I had a one year old, I would get it for another 17 years. If the disabled parent dies, the children get 75% of the disabled parents portion, the spouse gets nothing, unless they are 65, and retired.

hey nighthawk - i would love the link to this thread also - perhaps if you could pm it to me too - i am dropping into my dentist at somestage over next couple of days - i have to have a back wisedom tooth extracted and want to check if he can use what ur suggesting -if not i will seek out a dentist that can - its worth giving it a go - i also wonder just what it is in this drug that helps makes a temp improvement - i find it amazing symptoms can be reversed - just makes me realise so much more research is needed... i dont care how long the reversal or improvement is for its the fact that it happens ... that tells me something can be done for this seemingly hopless helpless hellful disease - thanks for your enthusiastic sharing :)

Wings,
I agree with you from first hand experience. The relief is marvelous and the fading is frustrating but extremely motivating. We are onto something amazing!

sooooo helpful thank you cypress :) my day has been hijacked i was going to get all sorts done.... been sidetracked eversince reading about this just come from wikipedia etc - hard to know figure whats in it that makes the diference interesting re its antiinflammatory - antiviral/fungal etc benefits (the latter two could be due tothe agent they put with it to keep it stable) i soooo wish we had a scientist here !

Anyway its raining today so decided im best here researching what i am! Keep us posted with any new develpoments you come across please!

just posted fascinating link cypess re this its gone to mods hope its here soon :)

I find it very interesting that propofol has an antivirus agent. I believe that ALS is caused by a virus.
I had a close friend die of ALS in 2002. What are the odds of two friends having ALS?
I think a person has to be susceptible to it to contract it. Then it lays dormant for 10 yrs, until it raises it's ugly head. I am not a scientist, this is just my theory.
I know married couples have both had ALS. Maybe it is the antiviral agent in the propofol that is reversing the symptoms.

ALS Researchers don't want to touch it with a 20 feet pole since the death of the U.S. singer M.J. But, this guy was mixing up Benzodiazepines and whatnot with Propofol.
That accelerated his death, not the Propofol itself.

If you are undergoing a surgical procedure or something else such as a colonoscopy, and you are interested, you should request the anesthesiologist to use Propofoll during the procedure.
Some PALS, like this forum member "Cypress" and some others at ALS---TDI Forums have reported some improvements after undergoing anesthesia with this drug.

NH

Nighthawk, youare a gem and ty so much for the link to the thread on propofol - you have helped solve a mystery for me that i wont go into any great length here about however finally i have been able to solve it... whilst in hospital - a few years back for approx 20 days - half way through my time in hosp i had a spinal tap done (two goes over three days as first dr couldnt get any CSF - fluid my point is that i would have had to lots of local anesthitic within three days)... anyway over the folowing days/weeks i had a remarkable improvement with so many symptoms and felt like i got so many of my finer skills and quickness of these back - i always put it down to something else now i suspect it was the local anesthetic - i also had a colonoscopy end of last year and felt so much better after it for days/weeks - i thought it was a good clear out of the bowels that made such a difference and have been very mindful of trying to make sure i 'go every day' since... and have even entertained the idea of having a colonic cleanse every few months - i suspected that all my tummy troubles (which i guess includes inflammation) just make ALL of my symptoms a whole lot worse.... NOW i wonder if it was the local anesthetic! given at the time that improved my symptoms - I have been reading up so much on this - and whilst propofol is the ideal there are some other anesthetics that also work in a similar way - just not as good.

Also of note whilst i never noticed any difference with madnesium citrate i am gettinganother bottle today after reading what i have on that thread alstdi forum and also getting taurine - interesting that it was my immunologist suggested i start taking magnesium and taurine.

How are you doing now nighthawk?

txgirl - that also struck me re the fact there there was an antiviral agent... PERHAPS that is what makes propofol a better option in comparison to other anesthetics - or do they all have antiviral agents.

This is all ground breaking stuff and so much of what i am reading with others research (crypress THANK YOU) so sooo simply makes sense.

Crazy that MJackson can ruin the potential of propofol.. any abuse of any drug can cause death and they dont get banned or companies stop manufacturing it - why such a reaction with propofol?

just posted fascinating link cypess re this its gone to mods hope its here soon :)

Interesting study, but since most pals are thin to normal, it may not have much relevance to our general population.

Blessings,
Jim

Wings,
Check into getting propofol in NZ, I would love an excuse to visit!

i will do cypress have seen dentist and will update u as he uses lidocaine but will see if he can get propfol - i was surprised he hadnt heaard of it but he said it could have another brand name here. I will be seeing my doctor on monday - might try and bring that forward - will update u with all the news!

btw i have a back wisedom tooth i want extracetd - so will wait to see what e comes back to me about re proppfol :)

i will do cypress have seen dentist and will update u as he uses lidocaine but will see if he can get propfol - i was surprised he hadnt heaard of it but he said it could have another brand name here. I will be seeing my doctor on monday - might try and bring that forward - will update u with all the news!

btw i have a back wisedom tooth i want extracetd - so will wait to see what e comes back to me about re proppfol :)[/QUOTE

Lusedra or diprivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back