Promising news article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good News

I just love to hear all the new "buzz" about stem cell research, maybe because of the new admininstration here in the usa. But for some reason it gives me more hope then I've seen since watching Michael J. Fox push for it years ago. The strange thing is back when Michael J. Fox was pushing for stem cell research it didn't directly affect me, now that I vested interest in the research it becomes much more interesting.

Ditto Kevin, How you doing? Looking for a big Buck soon?

hey

i loved the article...ditto to u hopping for a cure muah....

kevinw

it isnot only in the usa that stem cell is more talked about...there is a long established charity, who used to deal just with bone marrow transplants, who have opened a new hospital in Manchester UK for the collection of cord blood, which is normally thrown away, and they are looking at all types of stem cell treatment from that. At present it is used mostly for cancers, but all sorts of research is taking place at the moment. They ARE all getting closer to an answer for us all...maybe tomorrow will be OUR day.
In anticipaption of some new discovery we are planning on saving the cord blood of 2 new granchildren due in 2009. If it wont help me, then it is a possible backup for the rest of the family in the years to come...cord blood can be stored for 20 years.

Clue to the cause of mnd (london research)

I contacted Kings College hospital (London) about stem cell research and treatment, they sent me this link about their research...scroll down the page and look at the little paragraph under NEWS...maybe someone is getting a little closer
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/research/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back