Distinguished member
Country
CZ
State
CZ
City
Prague
Hi,
However I probably dont have ALS Im still thinking how to put more light on this devastating disease. I just feel I need to help.
Well Im programmer and have quite good contacts due to my projects with publishers on game servers that have thousands of visitors.
Im thinking of some kind of project, maybe contest for the best project related to ALS. I think it is real and the guys there would allow it..I hope so.
Its only one possible choice I was thinking of, so now Im asking you what do you think about it in genera..l.
Thanks!

Hi, Blizna ... I think that's a great idea, and I'd love to see you develop it more.

Last edited by a moderator:
BethU: Thank you, I did not know about that site, now Im negotiating with one IT company that could donate some products for winner creators..it looks good at this point.

That's really exciting! Let us know what happens.
:)

Im glad to announce that one of the founders of IT company I was negotiating about donation their software for winners kindly agreed with words "of course".
He will also ask cooperating "contest makers" when and how it start.
BTW, I was told that in France (their country) there is a lot of interest in ALS and regular TV show..wow!

getting the word out

HI,
I READ THIS SITE EVERY DAY BUT HAVE NOT POSTED IN A LONG TIME. THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE EDUCATION REGARDING THIS DISEASE. i WAS DIAGNOSED IN 05 WITH BULBAR.
I THINK THAT WE SHOULD GET OPHRA ON THIS. SHE IS VERY POWERFUL AND REACHES ALL OVER THE WORLD.
I CAN JUST IMAGINE A SHOW WHERE SHE INTERVIEWS LEADERS IN THE RESEARCH AND TREATMENT AS WELL AS FOLKS WITH ALS.

Maureen ... that's a great idea about Oprah! Wouldn't that be exciting? Check out the new website alsmaters.org. It's devoted to finding ways to raise public awareness.

Blizna ... great info. Keep us posted.

Hi Maureen,
Great idea. They say great minds think alike. I sent a letter to Oprah a few weeks ago about ALS awareness. If we can get her on the bandwagon, it would be wonderful. I will keep you all posted if I get a reply.
Lin

Maureen,
Yes, a wonderful idea to get Oprah involved! A friend of mine sent her a letter every day the whole month of October this year, never heard back.

However, if a BUNCH of people sent her/her crew a letter every day about the importance of spreading the word, wonder what could happen?

My friend works night shift, so I'll try and get the address she used, maybe some of us can compare notes, and see that we get the correct address!

Now that I'm finished with classes, it will give me something to do...
lol,
brenda

p.s. lin- do you mind sending me a pm with the address you used?=thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back