Not open for further replies.

Bigmcjak99

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wyoming
I read the sticky so I know that clinical weakness is what I'm looking for but I was wondering if precieved weakness can develop into clinical weakness? Is that possible with ALS or is it just an all of a sudden type deal? I've been experience muscle spasms mostly in my left leg (for quite a long time) but recently in my right arm. Over the past few days I've lost significant amounts of strength in my right arm although I can still do daily activities (button my shirt, raise my hand over my head etc) but at this rate I feel like I could lose everything in a couple days. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Unlikely to be ALS.

As the sticky says - you just fail to do things. You don't feel it coming on.

Go see a doctor, that's how you find out if there is any clinical weakness. All the best.

gooseberry

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
FL
Have you been to a doctor? You may need a clinical exam to assess what is happening. Unfortunately this is a key piece and we are not doctors.

Bigmcjak99

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wyoming
I went to the doctor for bowel related issues a bit ago, but no diagnosis (they told me I was fine). Not sure if it means anything but I've been experiencing a brain fog lately as well. I've also been holding out on the doc until it's serious (signs of clinical weakness). I mean if it is ALS (doubtful) then there's not much I can do about it so I'm trying to not worry about it until I cross that bridge

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Seriously if you want to hold out on seeing a doctor, please hold out on posting here. We are using our energy to support terminally ill people in high need and their carers.

You are not displaying ALS symptoms.

Bigmcjak99

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wyoming
You're right, I probably should not have posted here, especially after reading the sticky. I was just curious about my symptoms and glad to be reassured that it's not anything serious so thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks