Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
Texas
City
Odessa
I’ve had body wide twitching for 6 months. Went to neurologist after three months and got a clean EMG on right arm and leg. Have been in a total of five times for clinical exams (due to my anxiety of ALS - requested appointments with him) - all of which have come back non remarkable. He told me my twitching is benign and I I do not have ALS.

My last clinical exam with my neurologist was about 6 weeks ago. I’ve been really working on calming my panic attacks and trying not to call the doctor every time I’m scared!

For the last couple weeks though, I’ve been having pain in my outter forearms - like in the bone - and right above my knees. I would describe the pain as a cramp like feeling, although I never actually cramp. I’ve tried stretching and tightening muscles to see if they cramp but they never do. It’s just a general pain throughout the day.

I also feel like my words are not forming as easily. No one has said anything to me about noticing my speech changing but I have days/moments where I have a hard time forming certain consonants - especially when they’re blended.

I’ve read so many terrible things about body wide twitching turning into bulbar ALS, I’m worried the speech problems and limb pain are ALS symptoms. Could this all just be stress over the fear of ALS?

My neuro checked my bulbar muscles and reflexes 2 months ago when I first complained of speech issues and he found nothing - just said I should reduce my anxiety. Do I need another doctor?

Im a 33 year old female with three tiny children so I realize this is most likely extreme stress, but with all the scary things written all over the internet, I can’t grt some of the twitching -> cramping -> bulbar ALS stories out of my head and worry I may be one of them. Thank you for anyone who writes me back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked and answered. You don't have ALS. You do have anxiety. Whatever you're doing to address it isn't working. Find a better counselor, talk about drugs, get a massage, walk in the woods, but don't chase a disease that P/CALS here would do most anything not to deal with.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you. I’m sorry. My heart breaks for everyone affected by this disease. I pray daily that they find a cure. Thanks for your response. God bless all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back