rtr909

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi all,

I previously posted in DIHALS regarding my situation and I very much appreciate the feedback that was given on my symptoms. Since then I've had two additional EMGs which were for the most part normal. I was hoping for some feedback here on the results of the nerve conduction portion of these exams, which I've attached.

Specifically, amplitude decreased in left arm motor nerves from first NCS in July to second NCS in August. The amplitude on my left ulnar/median motor nerves, where I am experiencing symptoms, are also markedly reduced when compared to right arm motor nerves. Do these changes/differences indicate axonal loss? If so, what might cause it? Does axonal loss precede denervation, or could these changes precede abnormalities found in EMG needle study?

My "weakness" though not detected on clinical exams (which have been normal) has been progressing to the point there are things I cannot do or am uncomfortable using my left hand for, like holding a steering wheel. It's real weakness, though maybe not "clinical" or "failure" at this time. Dexterity also continues to be compromised, with tremors when I try to do something like type. Localized twitching in this area has also increased.

I understand I cannot garner diagnoses here, and I do not wish to. I just do not know where to go from here. I asked my doctor about NCS changes and she wasn't too worried - I feel she's been quite dismissive of my symptoms. Anyways, I am worried because my symptoms have been progressing and no one explained to me these results or gave me any explanation as to what could have caused the changes in NCS in my symptomatic arm, or why they're different from the right arm.

Thanks again and sorry for posting another thread. I couldn't add to my previous one.

Attachments

• 7-25-22 EMG.png
    7-25-22 EMG.png
    813.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 8-22-22 EMG-1.png
    8-22-22 EMG-1.png
    644.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 8-22-22 EMG-2.png
    8-22-22 EMG-2.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 9-2-22 EMG.png
    9-2-22 EMG.png
    606.1 KB · Views: 154
Hello-

This is not a medical advice forum in the way that you would like us to be. If you have questions about the NCS portion of your tests, please visit with your doctor to ask. This portion of the test is not used in the diagnosis of MND/ALS. Your EMGs cleared you for ALS.

You were asked not to post another thread after your last one was closed. I am closing this thread too and will ask you to speak with your doctors if you have any further health questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back