PALS
Country
US
State
nj
City
new brunswick
Hello again eveyone

A quick question: can your entire arm be affected in a matter of a couple of months? I was perfectly healthy (very aware of my body prior to all of this happening just a couple of months ago) and had absolutely NO symptoms. I am 100% sure of that. In a very short time, atrophy of deltoid, bicep, forearm (all at the same time by the way). I also have symptoms in my fingers and painful, burning episodes of my entire arm where I couldn't even really move it or my fingers. On top of this, I'm now noticing weakness in my other arm (bicep, shoulder and forearm) and a slight burning sensation.
Doesn't ALS usually "march" from muscle to muscle in a limb and THEN go to the adjacent limb? I have full function of both arms . . . just atrophy and a little weakness in those muscles of one arm and now a little weakness starting in my other arm (no atrophy yet).
I'm just simply at a loss right now. :(

Have you seen a neuro yet? ALS does not usually happen that quickly but some of the more treatable conditions do, and some of those get worse without treatment. I would start with any neurologist, maybe even yuour GP.

Usually we recommend someone with MND experience but you may need a standard blood test. Just a hunch. Don't quote me as i am not a medical.

Neurologist

Noticed where you come from, New Brunswick, NJ

That is close to us.

We see at the University of Penn, Dr. Leo McCluskey,director of ALS Clinic. He is very very good.

Don't wait, go to the best.

Good luck

Agreed, most neuro's will say als does not act that way. Lori posted a good link for simple als diagnosed. and I think it was by Dr. Leo M. actually.
Lot of people diagnosed and undiagnosed see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back