Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
CT
City
Clinton
Hi folk, was hoping I could pick everyones brain a little. My wife had a catheter put in about three weeks ago and has had nothing but trouble with spasms since. Leakage doesn't bother us, but I hate to see her go through all the discomfort when she has an attack. So far we've tried four differant catheters and various combos of Detrol, Imipramine and Phen..... (something that gives you orange urine, like that didn't scare the crap out of me when I emptied the bag). Has anyone else experienced similar problems with a cath? Any ideas on something new to try? Our hospice group has run dry. Thanks, Harry

My experience with catheters was as bad as your wife's. Nothing helped and I finally gave up because it made me so miserable.

Harry, ask about a suprapubic catheter. It's inserted through the abdominal wall, not the urethra. I hear it's better for long term use. I feel so badly for your wife.
Ann

Thanks for the feedback folks. Looks like we'll just we'll just keep trying differant med combinations for now. The wife doesn't want to give up the cath and doesn't want to go through another procedure for a suprapubic. One day at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back