Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Poquoson
I'm having difficulty replying to a question that was put on my profile page area. I get a message that says, "oops! we've run into a problem". So I tried making a new thread in the Caregivers area... NOPE... didn't work there, either. So went back to my profile (now 8 hours later) and tried again. No go. So I made it smaller... still no go. So I made it even smaller, yet. I simply can't post. So I'm trying here. If it posts, please help me with my other posting. If it does not, I'll start kicking the floor with my feet (no... not really!).

Okay... here goes...

Hmm. I see you were able to post back to that profile comment? I see it at 4:21 am. Can you see it there now? I would say temporary glitch now resolved but?

Yes, Nikki... it took my post of a few lines. I tried to paste the entire response, again, at noon. It still will not take it. Is there some type of limit on number of words or letters that one can post?

Jim

The profile comments have a character limit for all of us. And annoying if you go over poof it vanishes can you break it up into multi posts there. Or it should go into a thread ok. Is that still not working

I was getting the same message when trying to post in a Caregivers thread last night... but I haven't tried, today. I did try breaking down the post to 1 page for the profile response but that still didn't allow it through. I'll keep plugging.

Thanks!! :)

Jim

I think it is 420 characters for profiles. let me know

I was finally able to cut up the response into shorter pieces and placed it in a new thread within the Caregivers area. If this is a new change, I don't care for it.

Thanks for all of your help, Nikki! You ARE the BEST!!!

Jim

i had no idea there was a character limits for posts. Do you know what the number is?

Nikki,

I don't know what the limit is. I just kept making it smaller and smaller until it took. What a pain in the bu... er... neck!

Jim

I wasn't aware of any posting limit but just checked and YES, there is a posting limit for profile messages.

For actual forum messages, like the one here, it's 50,000 characters.

For profile messages it's limited to 420 characters (these aren't really meant to be places for discussion, just simple "Hey, how are you" sort of things).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back