Learn about ALS
Country
uk
State
london
City
london
Hi,

Firstly thanks for anyone who takes time to respond, Ive read the sticky and tried to avoid posting until now but I'd just like opinions from you experienced people. After that I wont be a person the posts and post, I assure you.

So, me, 34 year old male keep pretty fit and healthy and not overly anxious about things, but Im posting here so maybe I am!

For a couple of weeks Ive felt my left arm and leg have been weak, and almost not mine if that makes any sense. Ring finger tremor in certain positions and just arm feeling generally shakey, although not shaking.No clinical weakness as far as I am aware so on the basis of the sticky, I said, dont make a post.

Ive also had twitches in various places, but only a couple or so an hour and I know this is pretty normal, so again, avoided posting.

Finally on comparing arms (which i know wont be perfectly symmetrical) I feel like there is an obvious depression on my left forearm, only in certain positions, I can actually feel it. Now this could just be where a muscle joins but as the other side is different and given my other "symptoms" I wanted to attach a photo for opinions. I dont go to the doctor often and dont want to go and feel like an idiot.

A former colleague has been diagnosed and Im sure this maybe has set things in motion in my mind, before I had a child I wouldnt have given this a seconds thought.

Photos attached, depression below inner elbow, right arm included for comparison.

Thanks for your time and hope everyone has a nice Xmas.

Attachments

• 20181221_223648.jpg
    20181221_223648.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 20181221_223459.jpg
    20181221_223459.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 20181221_172402.jpg
    20181221_172402.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 20181221_172351.jpg
    20181221_172351.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 212
I'm sorry about your colleague. There is a difference between your arms, but it does not seem ALS-like to me.

When I read arm + leg on one side feeling weird, I tend to think about checking your sleep surface/position first, esp. if you are sleeping in bits due to a young child. Sometimes even carrying a child if you do it on the one side can affect it.

Most atrophy even if it is that, is not MND. But if using the arm becomes problematic or your concern is not abating, there is no shame in seeing the GP who can get a baseline for your strength in both arms and see the muscle in person.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie thanks for taking the time to respond.

I will give it a few weeks and if no change see my GP about the slight pain if I can call it that and point out the dent as I'm referring to it without mentioning my worries, I hate to seen paranoid.

I notice every twitch just now, it's amazing what our minds can do to us if we fixate on something that I no is highly unlikely l.

Just trying to remind myself that I have full function and control of my arm and am not hampered by it in anyway so itl all be my imagination, aside from the dent that may have always been there!

Thanks again for your reply.

I've just realised this morning when I'm driving where I rest my arm in the centre unit is almost exactly where this dent is. I don't drive hours and hours but I always rest it In this position.

Seems to much of a coincidence not to be releated to me, I will avoid this now and see how it looks in a month's time. My guess is it will improve.

Feeling particularly silly now!

Thoughts with those genuinely affected and their loved ones.

Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis -- glad you thought of it and I'm sure it gives others food for thought.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back