Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
kasnas
City
kansas
So it turns out that I might have als an I am only 21 years old my symptomps started September discomfort legs slight then terrible back pain and arms this has mostly gone but now for 2 months my legs are really in pain all time when I touch them run climb stairs had all tests done all clear sadly emg showed slight fasciculations 1st neuro said bfs cause neuro exam did not show anything but 2nd told me it could be I am on a new emg Friday and I am so nervous legs were better after 1st emg for 3 weeks but now stiff again also get tremors and tingling in my hands and this suck any advice or opinion?

You said on an earlier thread that you had an EMG on January 9 and it was normal. You also wrote that the neuro advised he would see you again in a year's time. Seriously, since then you've had a second neuro consult and they're actually going to do a 2nd EMG in less than a month? And they are doing so even though you can run up stairs? There are wait times to see neurologists...even in Kansas, so pardon my incredulousness.

This is your 5th thread since January 9. Tingling hands are not a symptom of ALS. We've mentioned this to you also.

Since you ask for advice (and at the risk of sounding uncaring), my advice to you is that you find yourself another and more meaningful hobby.

You also requested an opinion, but as my final courtesy to you, I shall abstain.

well my main problem is that my legs ache all the time when i run or try to climb stairs when i putt pressure and all other tests came clear i mean i run upstairs but i feel pain and they get tired i booked an app to the best neuro in town hoping he can find something and i dont believe bfs cause it doesnt cause constant pain and twiches that was caught on emg as slight fasc arent these sx calssic als?
2nd neuro told me it could be to be more specific but he does not think so cause i am so young (this cant be a reason i have heard a lot of people my age get it) i am just nervous and sorry if i am disturbing you but noone in family believes or understands me and i have to do this all by my own

Your EMG would have shown a pattern of denervation and reinnervation.

Clinical weakness is also a symptom. You don't have either of these.

Pain is NOT a symptom of ALS.

I think that the incidence of people with an ALS diagnosis under the age of 38 is around 0.03%.

4th neuro actually 1st told me gad or fibro is it possible fibro with fasc?2nd bfs 3rd morron he just saw me for 5 mins no exams 4rth monday one of best in my country

Your EMG would have shown a pattern of denervation and reinnervation.

Clinical weakness is also a symptom. You don't have either of these.

Pain is NOT a symptom of ALS.

I think that the incidence of people with an ALS diagnosis under the age of 38 is around 0.03%.

Yet the person for which this disease is named after falls in that range.

Don't be flip to people that are trying to reassure someone that doesn't have ALS CircleK.

i am sorry i am so nervous i havent slept for 3 months i sleep 3-4 hours a day and this when sun comes up

I second all of the prior posts and especially Ms. Pie's....Circle K no need to add fuel to the fire (whether intended or not)----this a very young adult who is suffering symptoms nowhere near the norm for ALS! The prior posts were meant to put this person's mind at ease until additional testing could be completed. No reason to bring up obscure matters to cause additional stress.

Ruth

My apologies Ms. Pie / momap53 - as a young individual who is also battling strange symptoms and ALS anxiety, I know that being told "you're too young for ALS" has never assuaged my fears. The symptoms are the only way someone can be diagnosed, and for manati02, the symptoms (tingling, pain, aches) point away from ALS, and the doctors have not found any sign of clinical weakness.

thank you very much i found someone who understand me hope we are healthy :p......also when i try to do squats i can do only 20 and then my legs get rly tired and also when i try to bend in squat position i am in pain and i tremble are the indicators? sorry again

This persons name is so similar to the Notre Dame Quarterback, who was involved in a scandal.

So a little Update this neuro really Good was in Harvard and he is Director in a Big clinic told me it is 100% perfekt anxiety and i Need to Take Meditation but can anxiety cause 24/7 disscomforr and pain?

"100% perfect". get off the forum and enjoy your luck.

congrats.

CircleK--the stat is .03%. no one said it never occurs. it is not named Lou Gehrig because he was young but because he was famous.

Mom, I wonder what the stat is for under 30 years old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back