Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
NY
City
NY
Hi everyone, i'm new here, but here's a little about me. My grandfather recently just passed from ALS and ever since then i've been afraid of getting it. I'm 22 and very active. Anyways for the past 2 weeks or so my tongue has been bothering me. I've had a build up of saliva under it and it feels awkward when i talk. When i talk for awhile my tongue weak. Is this anything to be worried about or am I just reading to many webMD articles:lol: thank you

Worrywart...just what the name says. Rest easy, you are reading too much webmd. Grieve your family member and stay OFF the internet sites! I'm not a dr, but stress can do alot of weird things. I work in the emergency dept, the drs have told me that while they are going through med school that they are told not to search the internet, because of what they are learning it keeps them from thinking that they have everything that they are learning about. It's true! :lol:
Hope this helps
Happy

I agree with happy and sorry for your loss.

My als doc told me that while in med school and learning about als,that alot of them think they have it becasue there are so many things that go with it that are benign for alot of folks. My sister has all over muscle cramps that are painfull and has had them for over 6 months and carpul tunnel, she could think it is als but it is not and it is not even on the map for her. she is just someone who cramps.

please enjoy life and dont worry about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back