Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Barrie
It would seem that, hot on the heels of really high Covid 19 death counts in privately run Long Term Care facilities. 25 Years ago, the thinking was that by privatizing healthcare delivery, adding a layer of profit, somehow, magically, would wind up being cheaper. Oh, and at the same time, gut the inspecting agencies. (9 of 263 privately run Long term Care were inspected in 2019. It took the Canadian Forces going into these facilities to spell off LTC staff during covid to bring to light just how poorly the patients were treated. THese are people who eat MREs and are used to some pretty nasty latrines if they even have those, and they were appalled at how bad things were.
So now hot on the heels of this fiasco we have decided to privatize home care, What could possibly go wrong?

It might improve the care. I just spent 3 weeks in the hospital and 2 weeks in in a nursingvhome/rehab facility. I was and am appalled by the sanitary conditions and the care I received. As no one was allowed to visit, so no one could advocate for me. And no one was listening to me for sure. If care is received at home, hopefully most will have a caregiver to make sure the care is received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back