Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
I hadn't see this movie staring Gary Cooper acting as Lou Gehrig in a couple of decades. The speech Cooper made at the end was pretty good although not directly what Lou himself said.

The first two lines of Lou's actual last public speech at Yankee Stadium and the last line I find as something I could say about myself. Its certainly cheerful and a great outlook on life. I hope you enjoy it too!:-D

Lou said:
"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth.

"So I close in saying that I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Amen! Mostly, I feel like that too... except for the occasional slide. Thanks for posting this reminder.

Great post and attitude Sye! :)

great post, I was born the same day as Lou Gehrig.
Keep the positive outlook.

i'm running the bases ... preparing to slide into home ... free!

Lou didn't realize at the time what his true prognosis was. His wife did, but kept it from him. Still, his speech was amazingly inspiring, and he continued to work long after his tenure in baseball. A very courageous man!

Yes agree :) Sometimes i sit quietly and think back too my old quick self -loving to dance, sing, run ..so much more - i do have days of sadly missing me.... I am also going through a stage where i realize i need to love myself unconditionally... and forgive my body for letting me down when i do want to dance... run ...sing ... etc... be at peace with love in the heart to share with others no matter how I am ...and be thankful for what i can do, see, hear.. share :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back