Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Springfield
Hello all first off let me say to anyone reading this thanks. If you are living with ALS you have all of my deepest sympathy as I lost my mother 5 years ago to the disease.

To start off I'm pretty sure my issues are not ALS but with family history and long waiting period for help I need something. Recently 2 weeks ago out of the blue I began having muscle twitch spasms in my arms legs all at once. No weakness up to that point. The twitching spasms are all over the place back forth arm leg right left sometimes might even stop for a few hours.

The symptoms seem to stop if I stand up. I also have had extreme pins needles arms legs that come and go. My arm and calf muscle tense up sometimes which afterwards makes them weak. I have found that alot of the symptoms can be stopped by motion. I have had many blood tests nothing stands out. With mom's experience with the disease it scares me to death. I'm just curious at this point am I out of my mind to consider these symptoms could be Als. Thanks for anyone who replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I would ask about screening for RLS, PLMD, and similar disorders.

The good news-- nothing you have reported lines up with ALS.

Best,
Laurie

I'm also very sorry about your mum.

Honestly, so far nothing would indicate ALS. As you know it is about failure. While many with ALS experience twitching, this is just one thing, and on its own means nothing at all.

Also look at hydration, stretching and exercises, sleep quality and every the ergonomic setup.

THanks for the replies.. I really didn't feel it was ALS from what I know of symptoms that don't come and go. But with my family history one can never forget that possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back