Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
SA
State
south australia
City
para hills adelaide
still cannot find anything on mmn and pregnancy. going to write to the university of Michigan maybe they can tell me something . Belinda has developed itching on her body from the treatment. Doctor going to do a blood test to see if treatment is working and also to test liver function because of the itching. She says that she does feel better after having the treatments every three weeks. Has a lot of cramping still .Doctor said if it continues may have to have the treatment every two weeks.

Is she currently pregnant or wants to become pregnant? When I was pregnant I developed chronic itching on my arms and legs that was so intense, nothing worked. Known as cholestasis. If she is pregnant it could be related to pregnancy and not treatment. My itching went away within days of giving birth. I was afraid to take anything so I just suffered with lotions and long sleeved shirts in the summer. I hope the best for you 2 and the treatment is a success.

april

pregnancy

thank you for your reply. No she is not pregnant. Do you suffer with MMN. If so, did you receive treatment while you were pregnant. Did your MMN become worse. Did the treatment cause any abnormalities in your pregnancy.
My daughter is worried that if she becomes pregnant what effect the treatment would have on the baby.

I am sorry, I dont have mnd. I have alot of issue's and in the process of seeing a nuero but no diagnosed of anything yet after almost a year. I wish your daughter the best of luck.

thankyou for talking to me. I see you do have problems of your own. Hope you find answers soon. I will keep you in my prayers. I will let you know how my daughter gets on.

Hi,

I have had MMN for about 4 years now and i now have a baby boy who just turned one last week. I have IVG every 4 weeks and during my pregnancy the dose was put up a bit to compensate for the baby. My MMN got a fair bit worse during the pregnancy but as soon as he was born it my hands went back to how they were before i was pregnant.
When i first started treatment i felt like i had to stretch my legs alot but this only last a year or so.
Hope this answers some of your questions.

pregnancy

:p thank you sooo much for the information. Did your pregnancy go alright and was your little boy ok when he was born. My daughter would like to know how bad did your arm and hand get . Did you lose mobility were you able to use your hand and could you pick things up. lots of love to you and your little boy.

No worries. I was fine during the whole pregnancy and so was my boy, no problems at all and my OB was very happy with everything. He was a great weight when born at 7lb 14oz, and is very happy and healthy. My OB was not concerned at all about the Intrgram P at all and said that they sometimes give to pregnant women for pregnancy related issues. The only thing i did change was i stopped having a pre-med before my drip, as i got bad headaches about a week after my drip, but did not get the headaches as bad and have still not gone back to taking a pre-med before my drip.
My hand got pretty bad but was still able to do everything, just found things like trying to get the key in the key hole and things like wiping the bench and holding a cloth hard. Also found hanging out the washing hard as my arms would get very sore holding my arms up for a long time. Other than that though all fine. I found keeping my hand warm helped and would often run my hand under warm water would help a bit as well.

It is hard to find any info on MMN and pregnancy as i was trying to find out as much as i could before i fell pregnant, but there is not a lot of research done on this. I would tell your daughter just to go for it, and enjoy her pregnancy and the the amazing reward at the end. We are now stating to plan for number 2!

Let me know if you have any other questions, as i know how hard it is to find any info out about this.

Best wishes.

:-? Thank you for all your help. Good luck for baby number two. You answered our questions. We would certainly like to keep in touch. My daughter is fearful but you have put her mind at ease. Pleasure chating to you, will talk again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back