Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Savannah
I wrote this when my husband died in 2013. It has been 4 years and in that time, a dear friend lost her son to this disease, and I have a dear sweet friend who is battling daily. “In a few hours, four years ago, you left us. Here I am, wide awake, dreading the morning. If I knew then what I know now, this night would have been spent differently. I would hold your fragile body close and tell you how much I love you. How you made me a better person. How much you changed my life when we met. What a good, caring man you were, always thinking of us before yourself. Let me tell you now, I loved you then, and I love you now. You make me a better person. I want to be brave, just like you, fighting for family and fighting for your life. I remember that day like it was yesterday. That moment when you said “call Hospice and call the pastor”. How I want back that day. Just another moment to hold you and tell you I love you. Another moment with you....That day, November 27, 2013 at 10:21 a.m., my life changed forever. C. Smith

soonerwife

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
OK
City
Cleveland
I am praying for a cure right along with you. This is a horrible disease that slowly takes everything from our PALS and us as CALS.

Such beautiful words for your husband. I bet he knew...

Thank you for reminding us to hold on tight and not to let that moment pass.

So sorry for your loss!

KimT

Extremely helpful member
Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I'm praying for a cure, too. Your husband has been set free of this monster and you WILL see him again. I believe that with every fiber of my being. God bless you this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.