Status
Not open for further replies.

trisha p

Hi everyone,

I've put off this posting because I wanted to be more organized with this idea before publishing it to everyone but in light of Chris' passing and questions about how we continue to fight to raise awareness, perhaps now is the time to post. When Dwain was first diagnosed, I spent a lot of time in prayer (still do). One image that always came to me when praying was an international prayer day for ALS. I researched the idea and found out that never before has there been an organized day of prayer to combat any one disease. Perhaps on a small scale in individual churches but nothing on a grand scale. I started compiling ideas, and I really believe that I am meant to organize the first prayer day to help raise awareness and find a cure for ALS. Not a fundraiser, but a faithraiser and an awareness raiser. My goal is to have 10 million or more prayers sent to Heaven on the same day.

I believe in the power or prayer and what it can accomplish and I believe that it is one tangible - yes tangible - way we can push along the research. I don't know what you all think but most people I've spoken to think this is a good idea - imagine the amount of people we can reach through our churches and the media. I've purchased the domain name www.prayforals.net and am in the midst of completing the website. I'll publish this week. I am aiming for the prayer day to occur the weekend between May and June 2006 - so that it is close to both the US and Canadian ALS months.

For those of you interested, I'll have media packs and church leader packs created soon. With God I believe that nothing is impossible and with our determination and prayers, I believe we can unleash something amazing and perhaps miraculous. If nothing else, we'll raise awareness and add to our strength as we collectively pray together for a cure.

I'll keep you posted as to when the website is published (right now it just says under construction). ANyone interested in participating and/or in helping with the organization of this day, please send me a private message and we'll coordinate from there.

Love,
Trish

Higher power

Seeing both my GP and my neurologist have told me there is no point in seeing them anymore as this is over their heads, I'd be greatly thankful if we could take this to a higher power, I commend you on the task you have chosen to undertake and wish you all the best in it. :lol:

Dear Trish,
What a wonderful idea. Never underestimate the power of prayer. I am just mulling this idea over in my head, so don't know what I could contribute, but will pray that your idea gains momentum and turns into an awareness campaign that Chris would have been proud of.
Leah

I for one think it is an excellent idea. This maybe a bit off the point, or not but last year, part of my awareness for our walk was to contact various churches to see if they were willing to put it in their bullentins. Some did, some didn't, it was impossible to follow it. Anyway, this week in our local newspaper there was an insert for Worship 2005, containing over 40 churches/prayer groups in our area. I pulled it out and put it into a safe place, hopefully I will remember where that is next year, as it had addresses, phone numbers, websites and email addresses. Next year, I will do the same, now I have more contacts and more prep time to do so, but I am saying this because included in the request to publish information about the walk, could be announcing Pray day around the world. The timing would be perfect. It would be an enormous task to do. How to reach and announce this, would require contacting heads to all the major religious groups, asking for assitance.
If I can help, if I can piggy back this into my scripts for announcements, I will.

This really is the only way I've been able to cope with the reality that I am going to lose my brother. Just when I think he has hit some kind of plateau, he takes another decline. I don't know if he will make it to next May/June but I have to hold on to the belief that he will. If we can't fight with science then all we have is faith. Fortunately, I believe that the best way we can fight is with our faith. And with our love. For my brother, and for everyone else who has lived, is living and will live with this disease.

I believe that the Lord has given me this vision for a reason. And I think that as the days approach, it will become clearer. Thanks for sharing the passion...I'll keep you posted as to when the date is. I have about 1000 churches to contact so far, plus some others - media, newspapers, television shows. For now, just keep praying that others will join in as they hear about it. Right now, people can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] for information. Thanks!

What a fantastic idea Trisha...count me in
The power of prayer!

praying for a cure,
jbird

Dear Trisha,
I think your idea is awesome. Defintily count me in. Like you I dont know if Tim will be with us at that time but the power of prayer is healing for everyone. God does act in mysterious ways. So far it has been something I have been able to count on from the very beginning of Tim diagnosis. Here is a prayer I find to be quite comforting:

AND IF I GO,WHILE YOUR STILL HERE....

KNOW THAT I STILL LIVE ON,
VIBRATING TO A DIFFERENT MEASURE
BEHIND A THIN VEIL YOU CANNOT SEE THROUGH.

YOU WILL NOT SEE ME,
AS YOU MUST HAVE FAITH.

I WAIT THE TIME WHEN WE CAN SOAR TOGETHER AGAIN,
BOTH AWARE OF EACH OTHER.

UNTIL THEN LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST.
AND WHEN YOU NEED ME,
JUST WHISPER MY NAME IN YOUR HEART,
.......I WILL BE THERE.

KIM
ALS ABOUT LOVING SOMEONE

once the link is up and running, we can try to have various webpages post it as a related link. ALS Canada, see if they will add this to their site, same with any links developed by independent people, like Cdnpals, via Mike and George's site, alsindependence.

Great idea!
We could all use the power of prayers.
My favorite is.

Help me believe
in what I could be
and all that I am.
Show me the stairway
I have to climb,
Lord, for my sake,
teach me to take
One Day At A Time.
Stay strong.

Count me in too. I truly believe that God listens to all prayers, so the more the merrier! :wink:
Dana

Me too Trish! What a way to run with an idea rather than just sitting around and talking about it! You can definitely count me in, and I would be glad to get info. out in my area too when it's ready. Melissa

Count me in too. I know that the Lord looked after us during Henry's illness and passing, and know that He continues to watch over us now. There is such power in the almighty word and we felt it here with all of our church affiliates praying for us. It was awesome! The peace and comfort that we all felt was insurmountable. Keep us posted on your progress with this important day.

Carol

[quote:d2b1633b7b="trisha p"]Hi everyone,

I've put off this posting because I wanted to be more organized with this idea before publishing it to everyone but in light of Chris' passing and questions about how we continue to fight to raise awareness, perhaps now is the time to post. When Dwain was first diagnosed, I spent a lot of time in prayer (still do). One image that always came to me when praying was an international prayer day for ALS. I researched the idea and found out that never before has there been an organized day of prayer to combat any one disease. Perhaps on a small scale in individual churches but nothing on a grand scale. I started compiling ideas, and I really believe that I am meant to organize the first prayer day to help raise awareness and find a cure for ALS. Not a fundraiser, but a faithraiser and an awareness raiser. My goal is to have 10 million or more prayers sent to Heaven on the same day.

I believe in the power or prayer and what it can accomplish and I believe that it is one tangible - yes tangible - way we can push along the research. I don't know what you all think but most people I've spoken to think this is a good idea - imagine the amount of people we can reach through our churches and the media. I've purchased the domain name www.prayforals.net and am in the midst of completing the website. I'll publish this week. I am aiming for the prayer day to occur the weekend between May and June 2006 - so that it is close to both the US and Canadian ALS months.

For those of you interested, I'll have media packs and church leader packs created soon. With God I believe that nothing is impossible and with our determination and prayers, I believe we can unleash something amazing and perhaps miraculous. If nothing else, we'll raise awareness and add to our strength as we collectively pray together for a cure.

I'll keep you posted as to when the website is published (right now it just says under construction). ANyone interested in participating and/or in helping with the organization of this day, please send me a private message and we'll coordinate from there.

Love,
Trish[/quote:d2b1633b7b]

we all should be doing it on our own, but i'm slowin down at the age of 29 [diag. 10/03]. we need more passion. u go girl! bless u

Global Pray for ALS Day Website Launched

Hi All,

Well, I finally finished the basic website but will be adding more on to it as I can. With the move to Calgary in 6 weeks, I am short on free time but will do as much as I can. Will be in touch with the ALS MND Alliance to get buy-in from the global ALS Societies (as suggested by our Ontario branch) and then we'll go from there.

Please forward the link to as many people as possible and ask them to forward the link to others. The more people know about this day, the more prayers we will have and the more miracles (big and small) we can expect.

The website again is www.prayforals.net and my email is [email protected]. Those who want to register formally can send an email to [email protected].

The date will be in June - probably close to June 21 (global ALS day). This I still have to discuss with the ALS Society to get their input.

Blessings to all, and I'll keep you all informed as much as I can.

Oh, and many many best wishes over the holiday season. Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, Seasons Greetings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back