Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Tennessee
City
Memphis
Need advise on PWC models that have forward tilt. I am able to walk short distances with a walker, but can not get from a seated position to standing without assistance. Some chairs go to full walking position, but am looking for something in between, that will get me part of the way up.

My Permobil F3 cannot.

I believe the f5 goes to standing.

There is a wheelchair page in Facebook

Last edited:
You are talking about "anterior tilt," which has to be specified as part of the order, if the chair allows for it. "Lift chairs" or "lift recliners" such as are made by Golden (Maxicomfort line) et.al. have a similar function.

My Permobil C500s VS has the standing capability. It is great for getting me upright without any effort on my part. I can drive the chair while in standing mode or step out of it. As an added benefit, it is wonderful for stretching my achilles.

The C500 has been replaced by the F5 in the Permobil line. I like the C500 better (C500 has a longer range).

Complex things like wheelchairs need to go in for repair and maintenance periodically. Mine was in the shop enough that I decided to buy a used C500 as a backup wheelchair for when my primary wheelchair is in the shop or has depleted batteries.

Note that I am probably harder on wheelchairs than the average user. Here is a picture of me in my C500s VS after my infamous hailestorm ride last year. That was quite the adventure.

Steve

Attachments

• 20150613_143426.jpg
    20150613_143426.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 356
Just to be clear, standing is one thing and anterior tilt (the seat coming up at an angle, but not all the way) is another. A wheelchair can have one and not the other.

Steve, I think you could easily be a professional wheelchair stress-tester:)Save

Greg: Yeah, I guess your are right;)

Laurie: I am sure glad I have the standing feature. I find it very handy at times.

It sure has been fun finding the limits of my wheelchairs. I have enjoyed getting to know them. I drive the hard, but really try to avoid abusing them. So far, it has worked out well.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back