Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
Just curious as to what other pals do about their power chairs in the rain. It's been raining here for 4 days and I'm reluctant to take this out. How do you guys handle this? I wouldn't go out and drive through puddles I'm just worried about the controls. And I guess the batteries. Any insight you guys have would be great.
Thanks
Hollister

While I would not purposely take my chair out in the rain for the hell of it, I have on many occasions been caught outside in the rain & have yet to suffer any type of damage to the chair or systems. The most annoying part is getting the seat cushion soaked and then having to sit on it for an extended time. I do run it thru puddles in the street in order to clean the mud off of the tires. My T D X SP has been an outdoor warrior.

Haven't yet been in the rain, but sometimes use the recline feature for getting a shampoo if I'm not showering, we use a large trash bag to cover the back and the attendant controls.. I think a clear shower cap or large Baggie would work for the hand controls up front.

Baggie and rubber band

A poncho also works. It can cover you and the chair, including the controls.

Poncho...great idea

Bright yellow poncho :) and i suggest to find a way to secure it down with "duck" tape on a windy rainy day

Velcro patches can also be used to secure it against wind and are reusable.

That is even better...Good thinking Phil

We use a bag clip under the legs to secure the poncho in wind/rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back