Post things to cheer up people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement, not even her parents' nasty divorce.

Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be the best dressed mother-of-the-bride ever.

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new young wife had bought the exact same dress as her mother.

Jennifer asked her step-mother to exchange it, but she refused. 'Absolutely not. I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it,' she replied.

.Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, 'Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day.'

A few days later, they went shopping and did find another gorgeous dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, 'Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it.'

Her mother just smiled and replied, 'Of course I do, dear. I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.' :cool:

Pinky?

Hey Rose,

Is the painting in your avatar the painting known as "Pinkie"? If so the original is located at the Huntington Library in San Marino (near Pasadena Calif). I live close by...

Pdaddy,

wow, you didnt strike me as an "artsy fartsy", I guess you really never know! lol

Hey Rose,

Is the painting in your avatar the painting known as "Pinkie"? If so the original is located at the Huntington Library in San Marino (near Pasadena Calif). I live close by...

PDaddy, no, I actually painted it. I used to work as a portrait artist. The little girls is in her early 20's now. Do you mean the painting by Lawrence? (I think that is the spelling)

From Wikipedia:

Pinkie is the traditional title for a portrait of 1794 by Thomas Lawrence in the permanent collection of The Huntington at San Marino, California where it hangs opposite The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough. These two works are the centerpieces of the institute's art collection, which specializes in 18th-century English portraiture. The painting is an elegant depiction of Sarah Barrett Moulton, who was about eleven years old when painted. Her direct gaze and the loose, highly-movemented brushwork give the portrait a lively immediacy.

PDaddy, no, I actually painted it. I used to work as a portrait artist. The little girls is in her early 20's now. Do you mean the painting by Lawrence? (I think that is the spelling)

Rose: Damn, you're good! ;-)

Boy Rose, good looks, talent, and smart and funny. Does that guy of yours know how lucky he is?
I'm not PC so there is no point in anyone telling me.
AL.

Here is a picture of "Pinkie".
Rose,like AL said you are gifted, funny, beautiful, geeze....
Then stuck with this dreaded disease. Such a shame.

Attachments

• PinkieSm.jpg
    PinkieSm.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
Boy Rose, good looks, talent, and smart and funny. Does that guy of yours know how lucky he is?
I'm not PC so there is no point in anyone telling me.
AL.

Al, PC is way overrated! :-D so, thank you.

And Capt. Al, I thought that was Pinkie. If I remember right, the little girl was some sort of relative to Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

Yeah, I agree this disease is no present! I'd always assumed that I'd paint again after I retired. ~ I guess I'd better get going with it!

He who run through airport naked is going to Bangkok.

(... and this is from Cute Overload.com of all places.)
BethU

Why English Is Hard To Learn

Youve gotta admit, its a pretty stupid language. Id hate to be a foreigner trying to learn it. Heres 21 reasons why English is a pain in the ass.

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.

2. The farm was used to produce produce.

3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.

4. We must polish the Polish furniture.

5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10. I did not object to the object.

11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.

13. They were too close to the door to close it.

14. The buck does funny things when does are present.

15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.

19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Al

You forgot to mention Al's ALS

Good one.

AL.

17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

Did he buy a sail at the sail sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back