Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
US
State
TN
City
Clarksville
I am hoping to have the VA install a downstairs bathroom for me. Suggestions from those who may have some experience with this. What should I ask for specifically. I do not want to forget something important. If they will do it, I would like to have a bedroom and bathroom but I will have to see what they say. I hope they will be out in a week or two for their initial review.......thanks in advance......cheers.....fp

Check out photo albums by Rose, arkallen and Mare. Check the archives for some recent threads on bathroom remodels. Mare's descriptions were especially well done with little details such as making sure your shower has enough room to accommodate the tilt/recline shower chair in the full position AND room for the CALS to maneuver. A raised bidet is a real blessing to have as well. Don't forget some kind of instant heater to take the chill out. Heat lamps are good or even a towel warmer.
I hope some others will think of other folks who have done bathrooms and posted photos so you'll have more to consider.

Last edited:
The VA did our bathroom. It was not an add-on, but a total gut. We opted for a roll in shower with a proline drain so that we would not have to enclose the shower area. We put in a Kohler C3-200 bidet toilet seat on a raised base. Since we were working with a long, narrow space, we did not put in a bathtub. As soon as I can figure out how to upload photos, I will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back