Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MD
City
Gaithersburg
I see there is a forum for selling, but this is about donating.

I will be the executor for my parents, who are ages 92 and 97.5. Mom (92) is frail and has a hospital bed and a power wheelchair.. After she passes (hopefully not soon!), I think donating these items would be a good choice. Since a friend of the The Mister and me died of ALS, I thought donating them to ALS would be good. Our friend got his equipment from the VA, but I know everyone isn't that fortunate.

I don't even know the rules--hospital bed frame but not mattress?. And I would have to check with Medicare if Mom passes soon, since her chair is only a few months old at this point. Her previous chair lasted 7 years, but eventually died and couldn't be repaired (or so said the supplier).

All this arises because I am helping them with updates to their will and power of attorney. May as well get info and have a plan, right?

Would I contact a local chapter of als.org when the time comes? Would they pick things up? Info on any experiences would be appreciated.

Yes alsa chapter or , given your location, the Brigance brigade. make sure you know what is rented vs bought. Thank you for wanting to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back