Possibly ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
36 years old married with baby on the way, my wife is a trooper. I do have shortness of breath, however it has not felt any worse since the start 7 months ago. Ive read on here that ALS doesnt start in a bunch of locations, so thats good news for a lot of people on here (Could This Be ALS?) section. Im only going to post updates when i see my docs now. Thanks

JT85.. first sentence...

"36 years old married with baby on the way, my wife is a trooper".

That says a lot.

Maybe, just maybe it's your turn to be one. You've been told by
very ALS knowledgeable members it doesn't show to be ALS.

Let us know after you see your Docs. I'd bet, someone who knows
about odds, (World Series of Poker player) that you're going to get
get great news. But, believe them... don't doubt them after.

Best wishes.

You told me that you would ask no more questions.
Please go back to your doctor and let us know only when you have a diagnosis.

You mentioned abnormal PFTs, but bear in mind that represent voluntary effort on your part and can be influenced by anxiety, as well as the weight issue the consultant mentioned.

The difference between a deep relaxed breath and a panicky one is profound from a lung capacity standpoint, for example.

You haven't been able to help yourself keep from posting again here, despite your stated intentions, so I'll help you out. This thread is closed. Please don't open another. Working on your weight and anxiety will do far more for your shoulder/other joints, wellbeing and longevity. And you will want to feel free to focus your attentions on the new baby.

Your desire to support PALS is commendable, but at this point you will best do so by getting your own house in order. Put a pin in all things ALS, for yourself and your family.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back