Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Liverpool
Hello everyone would just like to ask a few questions and hope to get some feedback,

I saw a neurologist in January 2020 because I had very scary symptoms, he done a physical test and said there’s no need to go on with any other tests because he doesn’t think I have ALS/MND since then I got over thinking I have possible ALS/MND, but since about Wednesday 27th October I started feeling like I was slurring my words I asked my partner friends and other work colleagues they don’t hear any slurring but I feel as though I am slurring but only certain words my throat feels funny at times like a invisible ball is there and weighing my tongue down and pressure in my throat my hands legs and arms feel heavy and it’s like I am constantly checking certain things like grip muscle strength tests walking on tip toes and heels, another thing if I project my voice I can get words out and my voice sounds clear but when I talk normal I feel as though I’m slurring, I can move my tongue around my mouth I can stick it out as well, any advice would be much appreciated

Hi there- past thread here for what has been previously discussed:

I am sorry to see you back here with your health anxiety again. I am hoping you used the links you were sent the last time and that you are also speaking with a doctor about both your symptoms and your life limiting anxiety over a disease you do not show signs of having. If you have not spoken with a doctor, this should be your first stop- this forum can't be used as a resource beyond the information you've already been provided.

Please take care of yourself and I hope you can get the help you need soon.

It is time to return to your doctor and admit that your fears have returned.
You got helped before, you can be helped again.
All the very best - this is not how bulbar ALS begins.

Thank you for your replies, I’m really worried this morning I felt I could talk and say things and wasn’t panicking then I felt like I started slurring with words beginning with S it feels as though my tongue is heavy and since last night I have started biting the left side of my lip and it’s really scaring me because I’m thinking has my facial muscles gone weak, I know I’ve been through all this before but I’m honestly so scared because I’m 25 with 2 young children, I appreciate the responses from both thank you

It's time to address your health anxiety while you work through this with your doctor. No reassurances received online will convince you, so it would be frustrating for the members here and for you to keep spending time asking here. You really will need to see someone for this as it is clearly affecting your day to day life and you deserve qualified support.

Please take care. I am closing this thread. Please do not open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back