00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
Hello,

First off I just want say how courageous all of you are who have been diagnosed with this terrifying disease. I truly appreciate your feedback on my symptoms.

I'm a 33 year old male. My symptoms started off at the beginning of June with weird head pains/sensations. It felt almost like zaps that would occur for a second and then move to another spot in my head. It wasn't extremely painful more annoying but I've never felt them before in my life so after I couple of days I went to my PCP. My PCP thought it was just a migraine so he told me to relax drink water and take Aleve. After a week of not feeling better I saw him again which at that point he scheduled a brain MRI. I got the results a week later that there was no sign of cancer or tumor but there was some spotting noted so he referred me to a neurologist. During the past couple of weeks, I've had muscle twitches in every part of my body just about and also had intermittant migratory pain which almost felt like nerve or bone pain. I've seen the neurologist twice now and done NCV's on my arms and legs and an EEG which were normal and gotten bloodwork (CBC, ANA, SED rate, Lyme, Vit. D, THY, and Metabollic) which were all normal. Over the past week, I've developed really bad dry mouth and difficulty and painful swallowing. My neuro has told me that she thinks it's just stress and anxiety. Does this sound like ALS? I've read the stickies and some of it sounds like it and some of it doesn't. I just wanted your opinion.

Like I said above, I really admire everyone who is struggling with ALS so please don't take offense to my post I'm just really worried at this point as I haven't felt much progress in 5 weeks.

No, fortunately, it doesn't sound like ALS. Many things can cause twitches, but zaps, headaches, and bone pain have nothing to do with ALS. Please trust your doctor and stay away from ALS sites. Trust me, there is no need to be here and if you are open to suggestion reading about ALS will only make you crazy for no reason.

Yeah, that is definitely good advice. Thank you very much for your response and god bless you and your loved one.

What set my panic into overdrive was the mouth and throat issues that I've been having for the past week. I've never had dry mouth this severe in my life and it's been over a week. I've been able to swallow liquids okay and food has been okay not my normal quantities. Saliva seems to be what I struggle with the most. It's almost like my swallowing is labored or doesn't seem as smooth as usual. It's almost like it takes a second or two for me to get the swallow down. I can deal with muscle twitches as a lot of the other symptoms I've been experiencing like pain have largely gone away except for the somewhat painful swallows. Other than my neuro asking me to open my mouth she didn't do anything else.

Relax mate and work with your doctors. There is no way what you are describing is even remotely like ALS which is great news. As Nuts said, you have no reason to be here, so celebrate that and remember obsessing by coming to sites like this is not going to healthy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back