Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Carlsbad
Hey everyone, I suspect that I might have ALS. Lemme give you the rundown. About a week ago I started experiencing light muscle twitches all over my body. Over the course of the week, the twitches got worse. During the time I was also getting mild tension headaches. The twitches are mostly concentrated in my right leg and right arm but I do have them in other places across my body. About 4 days ago maybe I also started experiencing mild muscle weakness/ tingling in my legs and right arm. I can still walk fine and function normally but my muscles feel slightly weak. For example, my right leg is a little harder to balance on than my left leg/ my right leg experiences a little more trouble doing exercises. It gets worse however. Tonight my tongue got moderately numb and tingly. I can still talk and eat but my tongue feels weird and tingly. During the same time, the left side of my face went mildly numb. the numbness on my tongue and the weakness of my legs seems to fluctuate. Its not always persistent.

I’ve gone to the hospital several times. I’ve gotten a spinal tap, blood tests, urine tests, mri on my head and a CT scan. Everything came back totally normal. My doctors didn’t seem worried. I have not had any nerve test yet.

I’d like to note that I was using DMSO (dimethyl suphoxide) topically for a few weeks in a very low dose shorty before I acquired these symptoms. I promptly quit the DMSO.

KEEP IN MIND that all these symptoms I’m having right now have all occurred in about a week or a little over a week. It seems to be a little fast to be ALS especially since I’m only 20 years old. Plus I don’t think it’s common for ALS to occur in the face AND limbs at the same time. I’m not sure however and I desperately need advice. I’m pretty terrified that I have ALS or something other serious neurological problem but it might not be much to worry about. Please help me out, thank you:)

Please read this if you have not already done so

ALS does not come on as fast as you report nor does it start in multiple areas. Pins and needles , numbness and tingling are sensory symptoms and point away from ALS. Feeling weak is not the same as clinical weakness noted by a doctor. If you get twitching, ignore it. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described.

in summary, you don’t have ALS. Keep working with your doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back