DrSpaghetti

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi all,

I have a question for the forum and I'm not sure if you guys will have an answer. I basically have been having swallowing difficulties for the last few months. I'm convinced it is Bulbar ALS, but the weird thing is my voice is mostly normal. No one has noticed a change in voice whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello-

There are many reasons for swallowing difficulties- from allergies, anxiety, etc, on up to structural and other reasons. This is something your doctor can provide more information about once they've examined you. Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting as it provides more information about a variety of things.

Take care

DrSpaghetti, Wow... you've gone from your thread title "Possible Bulbar" to ". I'm convinced it is Bulbar ALS,"
without being seen by a doctor yet. That's a sure path to Health Anxiety which will only make things more
stressful for yourself and those around you.

Really, before you post again... see a doctor first but do read the "Read before Posting" link given above.

Maybe you should see an ENT to check out your throat and also check for silent reflux. Don't let fear convince you that you have some specific disease. Let the doctors sort it out.

I wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back