00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Aston
Hello,
I have read your pinned thread and thank you kindly for the information. A few days ago in mid conversation I had trouble speaking. As if my tongue didn’t reach the roof of my mouth. It was brief and I panicked a bit and then was ok. Happened again the next day randomly. Not constant. Just noticed it when I was in the middle of talking. Happened again yesterday as well. It’s not so much a slur but as if my tongue just stopped working. It’s not all the time. It’s not all day. If I’m thinking about it it’s not happening. Today I noticed my lips are very tingly? I don’t know if that’s a coincidence or what? I guess my question is do you think this is something investigating with a neurologist? woulf the speech issue be consistent and persistent if this were an early indicator? Appreciate your response. Thank you!

Sounds more like dry mouth than anything. Upgrade your lip balm and drink more. Certainly see your PCP if that doesn't work.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. I guess more specifically, would the speech issue be constant? As in it just once a day but every time I talk? Like I mentioned it has happened once a day for the past three days. If that makes any sense. Less concerned about the lips. More concerned about the speech. Thanks!

Hi there-

Perhaps your best bet would be to visit with a doctor so they can examine you and you can describe to them in person the mechanics of your speech and how you feel it's not working as before. You don't sound like you're reassured by the answers you've got here, so that's the next thing to do in your search for reassurance about ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back