Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously, twitching is not ALS, especially with no loss of function.
Please see your doctor to continue talking about your concerns

I promised myself I wouldn’t be one of those people, yet here I am. Can someone look at the table from the last emg and let me know if that pattern is indicative of als? I don’t have a doctor to ask right now or I would, I’m waiting to see a new one and I don’t have a PCP right now.. I’ve seen a lot about the psw, fibs, increased activity etc being a sign of als and now my anxiety is sky high. (I am addressing that with meds but it’s new) also my hand will get cold to the touch after doing something with that hand, is that a sign in addition to my others? I really appreciate any input.

We already gave our thoughts on the emg. No the cold hand is not a sign

Okay - I just didn’t know if the table would provide more insight than the summary. Thanks.

Sea, it's quite enough already. You don't have ALS via your lack of symptoms, clean clinical exams, and clean EMG. Why are you not grateful for this fantastic news? Do you realise what any member of this forum would do to be in your shoes?? Why are you choosing to cause yourself stress?

Leave your concerns behind and give thanks to whatever or whomever is out there that you have your health. If you need to speak to a professional to ensure you can do this, please do, but this forum is 1000% not the place to get help for your anxiety about ALS.

I sincerely wish you the best. Take good care

Sea, This has gone on now for two pages.

It's hard to understand your pursuit for a diagnosis of ALS. I haven't
found your age, we've had people before who's weird goal was to
to hopefully get a diagnosis so they could out on disability and
and collect benefits. It ain't gonna happen for you... clean
clinical exams and clean EMG.
Who in this world wound want
a diagnosis of ALS... a terminal disease is beyond me.

We've also had people who came just to taunt the Forum until their
thread finally got closed. Not saying that's what you're up to.

There is not one reason for you to post here again. As said above
this is no longer a place for you to be. Do yourself an anxiety favor
and log off. Unlike others who's threads have been closed we see
them linger on for months searching old threads even going back to
2009, 2012, 2015 and on. For what? I hope you don't follow that.

I hope you can let this go, go on with your life without this senseless
concern

It is not a pursuit of a diagnosis or any of the other things you mentioned. I am 37. I did not realize that the abnormalities on my old emg would still consider it clean. Sorry to offend or upset anyone. Was just seeking some clarification & insight while I wait out my appointment in December.

General question about weakness/failure/atrophy: do you notice progressive weakness (I.e. things are a little more difficult like opening a jar and then eventually you are just unable to do it altogether or is it you wake up one morning and the ability to do it is completely gone? Also, I’ve seen atrophy comes after weakness /failure but could the arm (in particular the forearm) start to atrophy/get softer/smaller before it becomes non-functioning?

Well I recently discovered I couldn’t use my hand in a certain way and there had been zero warning I remember thinking the last time I did this it was fine. My experience is a long series of small losses presumably as successive muscles fail. I am extremely slow progressing so I get to see that happen. This month I can’t do x any more the following month it might be y.

the mechanism of atrophy in ALS is disuse because of failure

My first symptom was falling when going up stairs. The beginning of foot drop. I didn't feel weak or even know I had weakness. A few months later a neuro exam noted weakness in a lot of places. This surprised me because I didn't notice any weakness myself.
In my experience, early weakness isn't noted by PALS until something fails.

It looks like you did not read this:

Please read carefully as it was designed by us so our members, who are actually dealing with a terminal illness, don't have to answer the same things over multiple times a day.
You have posted 12 times now, we have answered each time. There isn't anything more we can do. Please work with your doctor and let this site go so you can move in the correct diagnostic direction.

Received my blood work everything norm except WBC high by 0.1 & calcium low by 0.1 - funny how you kinda hope something might be off to account for what’s going on. I am awaiting an MRI & will still see a neurologist in December. my symptoms have increased since October - in my right hand I have noticable loss in strength ( I have one of those gripper things), also there is loss of bulk in the forearm compared to left for example when I make a fist and flex that muscle it is smaller & less firm on the right ( I am right handed), and now after doing a task I can sometimes see & feel twitching in the hand especially the the areas where “atrophy” is. I still have not lost function but am becoming more concerned everyday that it is coming since now when I hope a pen there is noticeable twitching in the area between index and thumb. Previous answers stated it was likely more of local issue & I am wondering if that still might be the case? Again I am a 37 year old female who has been experiencing SOME of these things for a few years, and previous had an emg that showed some abnormalities in the hand (all in the c8-t1 root). Sorry to post again but did want to update since I received blood work.

Please leave off now until you come back to tell us a diagnosis. You don't have ALS symptoms and are beginning to ignore senior members.

Sea2021, over the course of your postings you've had 27 replies, this has gone on now
for two pages. You do not present ALS symptoms.

Do yourself a mental favor and log off this ALS website. Lingering on (as many do)
reading old threads, which several have gone back as far as 2009, 2012, 2015 will
not help you.

Anything more you may post will not change any of the replies from our very
ALS knowledgeable members. Plain and simple... there is nothing more you can
add here.

Your last three posts sure has me convinced you're pursuing an ALS diagnosis.

Work with your doctors.

It really can be from a local process and those are infinitely more common. You have appointments coming up. Best to try to forget about this and just live your life in the meantime. Let us know after you have your neurology follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back