Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
City
Dyer
Good afternoon. I have been waiting to post about my symptoms out of respect for everyone with this disease. My symptoms started about three months ago with spasms in my left leg and a weird feeling of weakness. I went to the neurologist to discuss my symptoms and he set me up with an MRI, which was normal. In this three month time frame my spasms have become wide spread and I am experiencing some cramping in my left foot and calves. The other symptom that I am experience is really bad muscle soreness for days. I have tried to run for a mile and the next day my legs are sore and the soreness last days. I can still do my daily tasks, but my muscles are just unnaturally sore the next day. My neurologist has lined me up for an EMG in June due to my insurance. I have been worrying alot about this naturally, but wanted to get everyone's take on it. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Rob

I'll put a paycheck on "not ALS."

Spasms in leg <> some people report this. For many conditions.
Weird feeling of weakness <> not ALS. In ALS, the motor nerve is destroyed, so the muscle won't go, but there is no feeling of weakness, burning, soreness, or weirdness.
Cramping <> some people report this. For many conditions.
Muscle soreness <> That's a GREAT sign as far as ALS is concerned. A muscle affected by ALS won't feel sore.
EMG <> EMGs are used to get clues about a lot of different conditions.

Yeah, I'm sure of it. I'd put two paychecks on "not ALS."

If you can run 1 mile, sore for the next couple of days or not, you don't have any presentation of ALS I've ever heard of. I'll throw my paycheck in too.
Vincent

Thank you for the responses. I guess my main concern is the ongoing spasms. They started in my legs and are now wide spread.

If you're concerned, see a GP medical doctor. But there is no indication of any ALS, so you can put that out of your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back