Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
A friend sent me this story about a possible advancement in treating ALS. Basically, a new study found that BMMA, an amino acid found in brains of people with ALS, mimics this other amino acid called L-serine. When BMMA gets into the protein of cells, it messes them up, and tangled proteins happen with ALS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

These researchers found that adding extra L-serine to cells can prevent BMMA from getting into cell protein. So they're exploring whether L-serine could help slow or stop ALS.

I looked online and there are L-serine supplements available. Might be worth giving them a try - or at least asking your neurologist about it. Why not, eh?

Here's a link to a story about the study:

Jackson Hole Daily | Researchers find link in Lou Gehrig’s disease

Hi Rose

L serine has been tried by some for a while. Right now there is a small phase 1 study in Phoenix enrolling to look at safety. There is a discussion going on now about it at als dot net. I am not sure what to think about it for SALS. Definitely talk to your neuro and let us know what they think!

BMAA, is a neurotoxin. So we are being poisoned by BMAA in our food.

Read all their literature for a full understanding of cyanobacteria and BMAA Toxin

It would be sweet if something so simple could fix something so complex.

I'm on 5g a day right now but not progressing since being on Deanna Protocol so hard to say except no side effects?

I too am on the Deanna protocol and ordered my first bottles of L serine yesterday. It's likely the least expensive supplement I have purchased so far. I'll report back after a few weeks of takimpng it.

sorry they deleated website for info on cyanobacteria and BMAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back