00/0000
Country
US
State
MD
City
Baltimore
Hello,
I guess for about 8 months now i have been experiencing muscle fatigue. It had progressively gotten worse to the point where a simple task such as washing my hair requires me to drop my arms to my side and wait a minute before continuing. Simple tasks make my muscles feel tired like i just did a heavy workout and it causes my muscles to shake. Its happening in both my arms and my legs. Google takes me straight to ALS.
I have also been noticing sharp shooting pains in my head and a lot of joint pain. My hands seem to “lock” up sometimes. I get spasms or twitches all over in my muscles.
i have also noticed numbness and tingling in my face, hands, and feet.

ALS is very far down on the list of possibilities. But you should see a primary care physician who can help narrow down that list, especially if your problems are getting worse.

Best,
Laurie

I have had blood work done and everything came back normal.

Not how ALS happens even remotely which is great news.

Read this post, and then go back to your doctor and let them work out what is going on. Probably best not to try and diagnose yourself online.

I diD read that before i posted, but isn’t muscles feeling easily fatigued and an inability to do normal tasks without a pause possibly the beginning of als. Muscles shaking from doing normal tasks is a sign that your muscles are becoming weaker?

Your symptoms are non-specific. See a doctor if you’re concerned.

I have been, waiting on a consult from neuro. Said it could take a few months. Its really tough to get appointments with the VA right now.

You can go outside the VA, I believe, by their rules. Shaking, locking up, numbness, tingling, and sharp pains sound well worth exploring but not ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Has to be approved in order to be covered by them. I have been trying to go that route. I know google is not the answer but waiting is very hard for me especially feeling the way i have been. And once i typed in the easy muscle fatigue that is progressing steadily, the muscle spasms, the muscle shakes als kept popping up.

As that post I directed you to clearly states - all those things you describe have nothing to do with ALS. My husband felt no different and was constantly amazed that parts of his body simply stopped working, and quite suddenly. That is ALS.
Again please don't try to diagnose yourself, I'm sorry things are taking a bit long, that is always hard when you are worried. Most of us here had to go through a long diagnostic process so we do understand that feeling.

All the best, but whatever is going on, you are not describing ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back