Lost a loved one
Country
Uni
State
New York
City
Macedon
Hello everyone,

Firstly to all of those living with this terrible disease, god bless you. My uncle was diagnosed with ALS in 2013 and unfortunately passed away last year at age 66.

Firstly I am 27. I suffer from GAD (generalized anxiety disorder.) and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder.) Last week the bottom of my left foot felt odd. Over the past few days it has gotten worse, and painful to walk sometimes. My calf also feels weak, yet I have no signs of weakness that I can see present. ( did 10 sets of calf raises.) I also skimmed my left foot twice yesterday. but didn't really trip. I'm deathly afraid to visit a neurologist, as the last time i went (7 years ago) I was told I had limb girdle MD. after 4 months, blood work and a muscle biopsy, they said that they had made a mistake and were sorry. This was from the chief neurosurgeon or the university of Rochester medical center at the time. However the EMG they did said that I was 100 percent positive for MD. apparently they were wrong. So im looking for any opinions as this has been consuming me for the past week, and just thinking about visiting a neurologist is making me sick. Also my uncle is the only person in my families history to suffer from ALS.

Lastly if you took the time to read my trivial problems, while dealing with your own I deeply thank you. God bless everyone and keep fighting the good fight.

Good news. As I read your post, sentence by sentence, each and every sentence told me more and more that you do not have any ALS symptioms.

Also good news: Having just one person in your family with ALS does not increase your odds of getting it.

GAD and OCD, however, are heartbreakers. Good luck with those.

As you've listed absolutely no ALS symptoms, why are you here?

We don't do Health Anxiety, we have our hands full with ALS.

So: Good Bye and Good Luck! :)

I apologize.

Thats the first laugh I've had all day. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back