Reason
Other
Country
US
State
IL
City
Mundelein
I have read stickies and discussions above.
I should start with I’m 24 year old male who has health anxiety.

A couple months ago I had pins and needles sensation throughout my entire body. From then I would have days of all limbs feeling fatigued and tired.

After that I had a near syncope episode where I almost passed out.

Since then I’ve seen neurologist brain/neck mri clean and all blood work.

Anxiety Built and right forearm started in with tightness and right two fingers felt weak. My calf muscles also feel weak with no trips or falls yet.

I should also say my right hand is always freezing cold and slightly discolored than left and had a sense it was closing but has since gone away.

Calf tightness hasn’t slowed or improved any. I received a clean EMG of right arm and leg, is it possible that I got an EMG too early to rule out AlS or do I have to let it progress further for it to show?

If you really read the stickies you would not have posted in general. There is a sticky there directing you to this subforum and its sticky

And if you read the sticky here you would know our thoughts on your symptoms which don’t sound like ALS to us and the answer to the too soon EMG question- no it was not too soon

Last edited:
You need to see your GP. You don't have ALS but you need to figure out if all this is anxiety or you have something else going on.

I have been multiple times

1) eyes checked by optomologist = normal

2) nurologist twice describing symtoms
- forearm strain, cold hand, appearant hand weakenes which he all disproved.

3) mri of neck head and spine all clear

4) didn’t believe him so I went to Mayo where I got emg and told that nurologist my symtoms.

I’m just worried that I’m trying to find out to early on and and EMG wouldn’t show anything wrong this early on in my symtoms.

Might I add my calf muscles have been tight and sore for about 2/3 weeks now with periods of shortened breath.

No matter how long I stretch them for the tight feeling still persists.

My pinky on my right hand also looks like it may have atrophy. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 361
Right pinky

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 243
I'm afraid you have a serious case of health anxiety. The EMG would show abnormalities before you experienced symptoms. Please believe your doctors and get some help for anxiety. Anxiety makes every little thing seem worse and long-term anxiety can trigger chemical imbalances in your brain and lead to depression. Anxiety can also decrease your threshold for pain, cause insomnia, and dizziness.

Best wishes.

I just feel different things everyday. Sometimes it feels like I’m losing control of my arm but I can still function fine. Also the equal tightness in my legs doesn’t appear one is worse than the other. I am just so lost with all these little feelings going on in me.

I also wake frequently in the night with one arm completely numb which has been frequent as of late.

Every single thing you've posted points AWAY from ALS. All the sentences you've posted and all the symptoms you've described lead me to confidently say you don't have ALS, and you never will.

Early ALS

I know I have posted once before but I am still worried....

Here is my full story...

November I went to chiro for lower back pain I received adjustment and then few das later had pins and needles sensation throughout my entire body. As well as this I started having some weird feeling in my left testi, I carried on working and random days all four limbs would feel tired and slow.

I then had a near pass out experience which led me to doctors who had no answers. I sort of had a brain fog for a few weeks as nothing was found. I then started getting upper back and lower neck pain with sensitivity to light and loud noises.

Head neck and back mri and blood work all returned normal....

I now suffer from extremely tight calf muscles on both legs daily and shortness of breath. As well as my right hand is always discolored and colder than my left. Some days my right arm feels very heavy and slow with wrist and forearm stiffness. I got an EMG on my right arm and leg and the results were fine? But I still feel extremely tired and fatigued daily. I average 3 hours of sleep a night due to constant worry. My joints all seem to pop more frequently as I dont know if I am losing muscle around those joints.

I have also noticed more space between my fingers on my right hand is this caused my atrophy?

Apologies for posting twice but still nothing is seeming to feel or get better with anything I do.

Last edited:
Re: Early ALS

Nothing you posted sounds like ALS. Follow up with your GP and see what she/he suggests.

You have an extremely difficult problem when all four legs feel tired and slow. Definitely not ALS,
Al

Limbs* sorry

Mod note: Merged threads. Please post in your original thread. It helps the members provide you more informed replies if they can see everything in one place.

Please go back and read the thread "READ BEFORE POSTING" which outlines forum rules and answers some of the usual questions we get here.

Hey JJ,

You've presented a pretty clear case that is definitely not ALS. The best thing you can do is ask your family doctor for a diagnosis and start treatment for your real problem. I won't guess what that problem is, since I'm not a doctor and I can't see you physically and this is the Internet and all. But we know ALS really, really well, and nothing you wrote has anything to do with ALS.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back