Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Ottawa
Hey everyone, I’m a 21 year old male, I’m honoured to be able to share your time,
I’ve been an athlete all my life and continue to lift weights with relative ease but I can’t help but ask about these symptoms I’ve acquired.

just recently the past few days I’ve been having some symptoms I find troubling, I am having trouble swallowing at the oropharyngeal phase which came on rather suddenly, and has seemed to be getting progressively harder to swallow solids, liquids are okay and no signs of aspiration, I’ve been feeling a stiffness/weakness (not clinical) in my jaw and tongue although it could just be anxiety from good old dr.google I also have twitching in many areas of my body but nowhere in the bulbar area. My whole body has been feeling fatigued and symptoms seem to come and go other than the oropharyngeal dysphagia, I also don’t have any noticeable speech problems, I must add that I have a general feeling of fatigue throughout my whole body.

if any of you wonderful people could share your thoughts I’d be very grateful this is definitely scary and I’d just like to get some other opinions,
Thanks,
H

My thought is to consult your primary care doc, who knows your history. But as you know, the risk of bulbar ALS onset at 21 is vanishingly low. A virus is the most likely thought, if anything is wrong at all.

Allergies, GERD, sleep and hydration are all worth looking at.

Best,
Laurie

Please start here with our official position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back