Not open for further replies.

Jerry1014

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi everyone, for the past month or so my right arm has had a strange feeling of discomfort and weakness. When I turn the steering wheel with my right arm or do some other random movements it feels uncomfortable and irrationally weak/fatigued. My right arm and hand feel kind of stiff/awkward and it feels a little more awkward when I’m writing or doing some small manual things. When this all started, I also got some strange aches in my hand muscles for a few days that would come out of nowhere and hurt quite a lot (like stinging). Felt like muscle cramps but I didn’t feel the hand muscles contracting when I felt this. I have also had some fasciculations, but I have a history of these. Sometimes my right leg also feels a little stiff and awkward but this comes and goes.

That being said, I have not had any focal weakness (besides the strong sensations of weakness and fatigue with certain arm movements). I have done various heavy weight exercises with both arms and am able to do the same amount on both sides just fine (but right arm still feels a little different, and the next day my right arm will usually be more sore). Grip strength is the same in both arms and I can still type and fingerpick on the guitar just fine.

I have read a lot about failure vs feeling on this board. Do you all think my lack of clinical weakness and lack of muscle failure essentially eliminates ALS as a possibility? Did anyone else present with these sensations of awkwardness/discomfort/stiffness/fatigue in limbs before the onset of any muscle failure?

Thanks!

Please read this carefully.

ALS is a disease that starts in the brain and stops signals being sent to the muscles. It isn't a muscle issue that causes all kinds of weird feeling and aches. Please see a doctor as it doesn't sound like you have done that. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back