racer15

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello all!
I recently found this forum after experiencing some possible symptoms of ALS. I read the posts about fasciculations and that ALS is failure not feeling.

In mid October, I noticed a small twitch in my right calf, a day or two later it spread to the whole leg. A week later it spread to my left calf, then my left leg. Two weeks after that I began having widespread twitches, more like a pulse. These were generally at the backs of my arms or my back. At the same time I started having the burning sensations in my thoughts like I’ve ran a marathon.

Lab work showed my thyroid level is high and have a severe vitamin d deficiency.

I’ve been on medicine for both problems for 3-ish weeks. I no longer have the consistent twitching in my supper body. The twitching in my legs and burning sensation in my thighs still persist. Occasionally have a bug twitch in muscles around my knees or back of an arm. The muscles near the back side of my right knee feel tight and hurt. In the last week I’ve noticed I have a harder time gripping into stuff like clothes.

GP suggests I finish out my current medications, recheck labs, then go from there.

Any other suggestions on possible checks or things to look into, or is the possibility of ALS decent?

Your GP's plan is sound. Vitamin D and thyroid can both bear on the issues you describe. There is no reason to suspect ALS, so you don't need to be here.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for the quick response. Will provide future updates if the posts remains open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back